THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 5:36 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 3:37 pm 

I just hope we tear the squad up thats been with us through relegation and falling short this season. I dont mean max dean i mean the likes of robson, harvie, tucker, ohora etc. fuck them off and have a complete rebuild.

Being genuinely serious looking at the swyad it was one of the best in the league on paper but theres just too much historical failure there, failing to get promoted to the championship with a generational squad at that level, getting relegated and failing to get promotion out of a piss poor league.

I would honestly only be sad to see max dean, Alex gilbey and jack payne leave. I was a huge fanboy for ohora over darling but his mindset has gone off a cliff as had his ability to perform for us and leadership, likesise i always loved harvie despite his critics but hes so far away from the player we knew under manning its unreal.

I think the whole club needs a freshen up and new approach and for me it starts with the mindset of the group. Ship off the too good for us sulkers, the weak minded and bad eggs and bring in players hungry and desperate to play for us that fit the clubs and managers vision but first and firemost the clubs vision.

The whole point of the director of football was to do what we didnt do this season. Why did we buy players to fit alexanders style when alexander didnt fit the clubs ethos? A complete disregard for the model we harped on about.

But before i sign a single player i would hire a top lsychologist to assist the squad through the season and assist the recruitment team signing players as part of our medical and scouting procedure. Assess these prospective dignings mentalies.

Its time to get with the times and revolutionise how we operate as a club. If pete cannot afford to run the club then fucking sell it please for the greater good.

But for fuck sake strap on some bollocks and a brain and pick the club up by the scruff of the neck and drag it forward!

Ffs we need to start operating like a football club that has smbition thats primary ficus is winning football matches not fulfill petes music mogul dream!

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 4:02 pm 

Yeah get rid of them all as we've brought so many great players in during the last few transfer windows.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 4:53 pm 

O hora is like beckenbauer compared to laurel and hardy alongside him in that defensive 3.

I would put tucker to work with the garden fork poking the pitch at half time to see his contract out. Harvie will thankfully leave on a free and to join Arbroath and we can forget his wretched time here .

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 4:55 pm 

RedOnRed wrote:
Yeah get rid of them all as we've brought so many great players in during the last few transfer windows.

The recruitment department hasn't been without it's faults but I find some of the criticism a little over the top. It doesn't help when the last 4 transfer windows have had 4 different managers, so the type of player each one wants will be different. It really takes a manager 3 or 4 windows to build his own squad.

Don't get me wrong, some signings have been poor and we obviously got it horribly wrong in the summer after the Wycombe playoff. But just looking at the 3 windows since then, I think they've all had their positives:

January 2023 - Maghoma was an excellent player who has gone on to show that for Bolton this season. Leko and Kaikai definitely made an impact and suited the way that Mark Jackson wanted to play. And Max Dean also didn't turn out to be too bad.

Last summer - obviously these signings were made for a certain style of play, which we didn't end up sticking to so a few didn't quite work out, but there were a fair few who managed to adapt to MW's style and did relatively well. Norman, Harrison, Payne, Tomlinson and MJ Williams have all been pretty good for this level. Particularly Tomlinson, who has been one of our signings of the season. MacGilivray also wasn't a bad signing but was just unfortunate that MW didn't fancy him.

January 2024 - this was MW's chance to start building his own team. Three of these signings have been pretty underwhelming, and there's a common theme. Wearne, Lofthouse and Marschall were all MW's mates from Gateshead. Our recruitment strategy has to be better than just signing the gaffer's mates. If you look at the other two signings, which were probably players that Sweeting and the club had been looking at for a while, Bate and Tezgel have done pretty well.

Like I say, the recruitment hasn't been perfect - obviously it hasn't, that's why we're stuck in this awful league - but I don't think it's been as disastrous as many are making out.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 4:58 pm 

The recruitment recruit the managers. We shouldnt be in a position we are having to sign different types of players. A common theme in playing style and managerr style is needed and is sweetings responsibility.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6