THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:38 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:25 pm 

Plaudit Ales wrote:
Genuinely surprised that he has come here, delighted yes, I had expected him to sign for a championship team, I think he’s good enough for that level of football

He has signed for a championship team, just one that won't be there for a year or so!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:52 pm 

Bedfordian wrote:
Plaudit Ales wrote:
Genuinely surprised that he has come here, delighted yes, I had expected him to sign for a championship team, I think he’s good enough for that level of football

He has signed for a championship team, just one that won't be there for a year or so!

And he was already at a championship club...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:18 pm 

Was he at the game today?

Is he carrying an injury? Taken no part in either friendly so far. I imagine he's just having an extra week off because the Prem finished a couple of weeks after L2 did.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:22 pm 

Filthy wrote:

Is he carrying an injury? Taken no part in either friendly so far. I imagine he's just having an extra week off because the Prem finished a couple of weeks after L2 did.

I don't think he's even trained with the squad yet, so is probably why he didn't play.

What's going on with Gilbey and Dickenson though? Not featured at all yet, although have been at the games. Thats 4 key players currently injured and unable to take part in preseason. JMT, Cargill, Dickenson and Gilbey.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:27 pm 

LouisMKD wrote:
Filthy wrote:

I don't think he's even trained with the squad yet, so is probably why he didn't play.

What's going on with Gilbey and Dickenson though? Not featured at all yet, although have been at the games. Thats 4 key players currently injured and unable to take part in preseason. JMT, Cargill, Dickenson and Gilbey.

Gilbey is injured, Dickenson has a thigh strain. Cargill is back on training but tonight was too soon and JMT is still out. Healey hasn’t trained much and isn’t at the level Tisdale wants just yet so PT will wait to play him.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:59 pm 

DippyDon wrote:
LouisMKD wrote:
Filthy wrote:

Gilbey is injured, Dickenson has a thigh strain. Cargill is back on training but tonight was too soon and JMT is still out. Healey hasn’t trained much and isn’t at the level Tisdale wants just yet so PT will wait to play him.

Thanks for the update.

Hopefully at least Gilbey and Healey back for the start of the season, at least we have enough cover in defence.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:55 am 

I don’t get why Healey is as stated by the club, two weeks behind everyone else in terms of fitness.
I saw an interview where Healey was asked why he was behind on fitness, he stated that ongoing negotiations between the club being the reason.
So what is he saying, that he sat on his arse whilst it was all going on. Surely he must have realised sooner or later some deal would have been done and it could be important if he was to be available on the first day to maintain or work on his fitness levels ?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:57 pm 

WellDon wrote:
I don’t get why Healey is as stated by the club, two weeks behind everyone else in terms of fitness.
I saw an interview where Healey was asked why he was behind on fitness, he stated that ongoing negotiations between the club being the reason.
So what is he saying, that he sat on his arse whilst it was all going on. Surely he must have realised sooner or later some deal would have been done and it could be important if he was to be available on the first day to maintain or work on his fitness levels ?

I agree, failing some kind of injury then as far as I’m concerned he should be playing friendlies by now.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:33 pm 

We have all heard of the term "fan on the pitch"...well, Healy is literally that. Based on him standing with our fans at Newport away AFTER he had returned to Cardiff.

This may prove a contraversial question...and may split our fans down the middle...but would you rather have Healy or Chuks for this new season ? I would go for Healy. There is no doubt Chuks is one great talent, and he may well make some of our "Best Ever Dons" teams even - and there is no doubt due to his size, strength and skill he offers something very different to many strikers. BUT....I reckon Healy is more the "classic striker" and probably more clinical than Chuks too. So yes a shame Chuks left...but WHAT a replacement.

PT...you know what you are doing, Sir....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:59 pm 

Galverion wrote:
We have all heard of the term "fan on the pitch"...well, Healy is literally that. Based on him standing with our fans at Newport away AFTER he had returned to Cardiff.

This may prove a contraversial question...and may split our fans down the middle...but would you rather have Healy or Chuks for this new season ? I would go for Healy. There is no doubt Chuks is one great talent, and he may well make some of our "Best Ever Dons" teams even - and there is no doubt due to his size, strength and skill he offers something very different to many strikers. BUT....I reckon Healy is more the "classic striker" and probably more clinical than Chuks too. So yes a shame Chuks left...but WHAT a replacement.

PT...you know what you are doing, Sir....

I do really like Rhys and am glad we have him. BUT I would swap for Aneke.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next