THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:30 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Hiram Boateng
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:57 pm 
So he was probably on the verge of moving, wasn't even given a squad number, but with Russ gone, could he have a future here?

I think he deserves a chance under the new manager. He was involved in the goals for the early pre-season games, had a good spell at a promoted Cambridge side, and was highly rated at Exeter before he came here.

Did well at Exeter, just injuries that caused problems. Maybe he'll thrive under the new guy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:01 pm 

Filthier wrote:
So he was probably on the verge of moving, wasn't even given a squad number, but with Russ gone, could he have a future here?

I think he deserves a chance under the new manager. He was involved in the goals for the early pre-season games, had a good spell at a promoted Cambridge side, and was highly rated at Exeter before he came here.

Did well at Exeter, just injuries that caused problems. Maybe he'll thrive under the new guy.

I wouldn’t have thought Russ’s departure would have changed any interest in him from potential clubs. From what I’ve seen of him, he was never good enough and it was all about a couple of worldy’s in his time at Exeter. Never even threatened to do anything similar for us. It’s always a possibility that a new gaffer will view him differently, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him gone before we appoint someone.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:16 pm 

It's on him now. I've seen players look totally different under other managers. Ouss a prime example, much better under Tis.

But Boateng never impressed me. Hopes he does some good work to get back into the side, it's his chance now.

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:22 pm 

I'd like one more centre mid and probably one more wing back for squad depth. Tbh, I think Boateng could do a job as the centre mid, so wouldn't be displeased if he stays (and accepts the fact he's not going to be a regular starter). But then again, not too fussed if he goes. Up to him and the new manager

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:07 pm 

The only bigger shock than Boateng cementing himself as a first team regular, would be Agard returning.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:03 pm 

LouisMKD wrote:
The only bigger shock than Boateng cementing himself as a first team regular, would be Agard returning.

Featured a fair bit on the club Twitter today. Surely must be hanging around for a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:39 pm 

Ormeau wrote:
LouisMKD wrote:

Featured a fair bit on the club Twitter today. Surely must be hanging around for a bit.

Yeah, he won't be off now, unless the new manager gives the go ahead. Personally, I hope he gets given a chance and I think he will.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:43 pm 

Good in league 2, looks a bit out of his depth in league 1, might be useful as a back up squad player and the pizza cup games

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:04 pm 

Scribble wrote:
Good in league 2, looks a bit out of his depth in league 1, might be useful as a back up squad player and the pizza cup games

Would imagine his wages would be silly for that level of involvement.