THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:11 am 

dons50 wrote:
Magpie wrote:
This is the epitome of hypocrisy from me but here goes anyway.

I have always been irrationally irritated by the johnny come lately fans who inevitably rock up for the big teams coming to SMK. Having to queue for everything, JCL's chatting absolute bollocks, JCL's who have clearly never been to a game before and having no idea how to behave at a stadium etc etc. I can usually be heard muttering under my breath ' Where the fuck were you lot when we were getting battered by Rotters Utd last week in the sub zero rain?'

However, for the Exeter game I find myself welcoming the bigger crowd. Go figure! A chance to get some atmosphere going, an opportunity to properly respond to an opposing crowd and some genuine excitement about the match. Add to that a few extra quid for the club and I welcome it.

Right, off to hypocrites anonymous now............

Good post, except that the plural of Jonny Come Lately (JCL) doesn’t need an apostrophe. :D

But it does need an 'h'. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:20 am 

Alby39 wrote:
I welcome the crowd I just don't get generally what Wrexham have to offer to bring out a crowd that say, Notts, Stockport and AFC the other week does.

The chance to see Lower League footballers you see on TV? Woooow

Fully agree on that but in the end, who cares? They bring a decent crowd, we put 4/5K on the gate, a better time had by all.

The Wrexham bubble will ultimately burst as hollywood lose interest and they will go back to being a community supported side that either fondly remember the hollywood days or are grateful its all over. Who knows but for now, for whatever nefarious reasons, this is where they are.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:24 am 

Aliramone wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Magpie wrote:
This is the epitome of hypocrisy from me but here goes anyway.

I have always been irrationally irritated by the johnny come lately fans who inevitably rock up for the big teams coming to SMK. Having to queue for everything, JCL's chatting absolute bollocks, JCL's who have clearly never been to a game before and having no idea how to behave at a stadium etc etc. I can usually be heard muttering under my breath ' Where the fuck were you lot when we were getting battered by Rotters Utd last week in the sub zero rain?'

However, for the Exeter game I find myself welcoming the bigger crowd. Go figure! A chance to get some atmosphere going, an opportunity to properly respond to an opposing crowd and some genuine excitement about the match. Add to that a few extra quid for the club and I welcome it.

Right, off to hypocrites anonymous now............

Good post, except that the plural of Jonny Come Lately (JCL) doesn’t need an apostrophe. :D

But it does need an 'h'. ;)

:D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:35 am 

Magpie wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
I welcome the crowd I just don't get generally what Wrexham have to offer to bring out a crowd that say, Notts, Stockport and AFC the other week does.

Fully agree on that but in the end, who cares? They bring a decent crowd, we put 4/5K on the gate, a better time had by all.

The Wrexham bubble will ultimately burst as hollywood lose interest and they will go back to being a community supported side that either fondly remember the hollywood days or are grateful its all over. Who knows but for now, for whatever nefarious reasons, this is where they are.

I'm not complaining I just don't get the novelty... it was a fun doc to watch don't get me wrong, but not to the extent I'd be desperate to watch them play.. they're a league two side

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:54 am 

Alby39 wrote:
Magpie wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

I'm not complaining I just don't get the novelty... it was a fun doc to watch don't get me wrong, but not to the extent I'd be desperate to watch them play.. they're a league two side

I dont get it either but then im not American or under 16. My guess is that the crowd tomorrow will be very young in its make up. Its the Insta generation and thats where this stuff plays.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:58 am 

Alby39 wrote:
Magpie wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

This! The more the merrier though, let's get behind the boys.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:52 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
This is the issue with so many casual fans, who won’t turn up for a standard league game but we’ll easily sell out of we draw a prem team in the cup. .

I can see why people may see it as an issues but looking at it from the other side .....
It's pretty standard that some teams are for whatever reason a bigger draw etc

I'm of the opinion it's best to just embrace it

Am looking forward to a good atmosphere

What do we think the attendance will be overall?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:11 pm 

Leighton wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
This is the issue with so many casual fans, who won’t turn up for a standard league game but we’ll easily sell out of we draw a prem team in the cup. .

I can see why people may see it as an issues but looking at it from the other side .....

They are bringing about 2,000 so would expect 15,000-20,000?

Stadium MK is always SHITE in the Playoffs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:28 pm 

Scum. wrote:
Leighton wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

They are bringing about 2,000 so would expect 15,000-20,000?

I'm guessing somewhere around 22,000

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:47 pm 

CleanDon wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
Magpie wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

This! The more the merrier though, let's get behind the boys.

If it's a decent game ,a handful of those that have gone tomorrow for the first time say you know what lets go Saturday then it's job done really.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next