THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Paris Maghoma
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:03 pm 

They want 'physicality'. Well Paris looks quite an Eiffel....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:31 pm 

THRILLHO wrote:
Cant believe the nonsense im reading here.

1) if he scored 20 goals and 15 assists in league 2 he wouldnt be only moving up to league one relegation battle. In that respect we are lucky, maybe he will fulfill more of his potential here, or perhaps thats not what hes been recruited for and we see other qualities in him besides being a freak goal contributor.

2) at this level you have to recruit attributes over big price stats most of the time, unless youre lucky and can acquire both on a modest budget. What we have to look at is how his style of play, physical and technical qualities and data fit into our style of play and can we be the team to bring out those big price contributions in said player. We have to see what others dont, that clever data that isnt on wikipedia and easily accessible.

3) every single time you just have to welcome a player, give them a chance and make them feel loved and wanted. Got a much better chance of getting the best out of a happy player playing with freedom.

4) this shitty negativity at the club has to stop, just fucking grow up, have a beer with your mates and get behind the team instead of banging that shitty negativity drum that helps noone. Just fucking enjoy the rollercoaster. Getting tiring seeing people waste their time and energy doing something they clearly dont enjoy and take no pleasure from. Some people need to have a reality check on what supporting a lower league club is all about, the younger one club generation have got it right its those that have come from supporting a prem club that have zero perception of the realities of this level. Noones forced you to ditch your original club that spends millions year on year to come fown here for the struggle that can be lower league football. I think pete snd the dtaff have done a wonderful job at making a club at this level with shit attendances and merch sales operate in a modern way with progressive footballing philosophy and elite principles. Year on year we see lots of transfer movement in and out generating millions and reinvesting it in more exciting young assets. It wont always pay off at this level but fuckinghell weve struck gold more than most with a team of our small stature.

5 as a club snd fanbase are we really that hard done by?

6) welcome to mk dons paris, looking forward to seeing you realise your potential snd grow here for the remainder of the season and us contribute to your development.

Why are you letting it get to you then?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:39 pm 

I know very little about him, but as always I won’t judge until I’ve seen him in action, on paper he has the attributes we need, good engine, box to box player, comes across as a likeable character and seems genuinely pleased to be here.

Also on the plus side he made no mention of us having “fantastic fans”

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:40 pm 

Looks like the type of attributes we need.

Hopefully he's an improvement on the last Brentford Loanee.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:00 pm 

THRILLHO wrote:
Cant believe the nonsense im reading here.

1) if he scored 20 goals and 15 assists in league 2 he wouldnt be only moving up to league one relegation battle. In that respect we are lucky, maybe he will fulfill more of his potential here, or perhaps thats not what hes been recruited for and we see other qualities in him besides being a freak goal contributor.

2) at this level you have to recruit attributes over big price stats most of the time, unless youre lucky and can acquire both on a modest budget. What we have to look at is how his style of play, physical and technical qualities and data fit into our style of play and can we be the team to bring out those big price contributions in said player. We have to see what others dont, that clever data that isnt on wikipedia and easily accessible.

3) every single time you just have to welcome a player, give them a chance and make them feel loved and wanted. Got a much better chance of getting the best out of a happy player playing with freedom.

4) this shitty negativity at the club has to stop, just fucking grow up, have a beer with your mates and get behind the team instead of banging that shitty negativity drum that helps noone. Just fucking enjoy the rollercoaster. Getting tiring seeing people waste their time and energy doing something they clearly dont enjoy and take no pleasure from. Some people need to have a reality check on what supporting a lower league club is all about, the younger one club generation have got it right its those that have come from supporting a prem club that have zero perception of the realities of this level. Noones forced you to ditch your original club that spends millions year on year to come fown here for the struggle that can be lower league football. I think pete snd the dtaff have done a wonderful job at making a club at this level with shit attendances and merch sales operate in a modern way with progressive footballing philosophy and elite principles. Year on year we see lots of transfer movement in and out generating millions and reinvesting it in more exciting young assets. It wont always pay off at this level but fuckinghell weve struck gold more than most with a team of our small stature.

5 as a club snd fanbase are we really that hard done by?

6) welcome to mk dons paris, looking forward to seeing you realise your potential snd grow here for the remainder of the season and us contribute to your development.

Didn't really have a choice in ditching my old club. My old club was moved 60 miles up the road.

Just so you know the dictionary definition of a forum is a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
"we hope these pages act as a forum for debate".

Just cause a man who will be gone in four months underwhelms me doesn't mean I don't care about this club and it is quite frankly ludicrous to suggest that.i was not negative about Leko or Dean. Infact I was happy about Dean and I didn't even express a view about Leko. But yeah I am sorry that I don't fall into the camp of every player is god's gift to professional football when they turn up and I have a mind of my own. No matter the amount of ranting you do. But at the end of the day I am happy to eat humble pie. If he turns out the way Connor Coventry did last season I will hold my hands up. Until then I will air my views as I see it

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:57 am 

Aliramone wrote:

Looks like he will Tower above everyone else

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:46 am 

midland don wrote:
Aliramone wrote:

Looks like he will Tower above everyone else

Sensible view; a very Seine comment.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:00 pm 

ChaChaDon wrote:

Why are you letting it get to you then?[/quote]

Because i feel sorry for the players and im embarrassed by the attitude of our fans at times.

Imagine youre invited to a party/event youre really excited for, then you see group chat messages saying shit like “why did you invite them?” And general shit about how youre not wanted there. Why should footballers reality be any different from ours? Because they are paid well is usually the argument? So what! Im paid well for what i do, doesnt mean to say that would make up for people i work with bitching about me being there. It wouldnt. No amount of money can alter your perception of things and protect you mentally.

But its alright, as football fans it seems we are completely removed from reality.

Im not for a second saying we should pretend a team performance/result was something its not or pretend players played well when they didnt. Im all for critiquing performance in the right way. What i dont think is fair or warranted is upon a player joining us not allowing them a fair chance and completely slating their arrival and presence.

We are unquestionably the most disliked club in the country, if a player has looked past that and come to join us we should welcome them to the family and make them feel loved and wanted. Ive questioned it a few times over recent times, we used to live by “its us against the world” having it emblazened in our ground, but it seems some, including representatives of the club forget that or dont act by it at times.

If a player comes to join us they are one of us, make them feel like it. If they have a bad game by all means critique it fairly and respectfully but ffs at least give them a chance before plastering shit about them.

Thats where im at with things. I appreciate ill be in the minority with my slightly hippy world view, maybe im getting old, maybe ive just seen the damage mental health can do to people and how it is important for footballers to be valued as people more so than as assets.

Apologies if i offend anyone with my view or how i communicate it. I appreciate its an open forum and we all see shit different, ive also been guilty of things in the past that maybe id advocate against now but i suppose thats part of life and growth as a person. Maybe ill see things differently in time and think my current viewpoint is misguided.

Who knows but im also just saying it as i see it and im sure you ask any footballer theyd swap all the money in the world for good mental health and treatment as people, even if they dont know it when theyre young.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:24 pm 

THRILLHO wrote:
Because i feel sorry for the players and im embarrassed by the attitude of our fans at times.

Imagine youre invited to a party/event youre really excited for, then you see group chat messages saying shit like “why did you invite them?” And general shit about how youre not wanted there. Why should footballers reality be any different from ours? Because they are paid well is usually the argument? So what! Im paid well for what i do, doesnt mean to say that would make up for people i work with bitching about me being there. It wouldnt. No amount of money can alter your perception of things and protect you mentally.

But its alright, as football fans it seems we are completely removed from reality.

Im not for a second saying we should pretend a team performance/result was something its not or pretend players played well when they didnt. Im all for critiquing performance in the right way. What i dont think is fair or warranted is upon a player joining us not allowing them a fair chance and completely slating their arrival and presence.

We are unquestionably the most disliked club in the country, if a player has looked past that and come to join us we should welcome them to the family and make them feel loved and wanted. Ive questioned it a few times over recent times, we used to live by “its us against the world” having it emblazened in our ground, but it seems some, including representatives of the club forget that or dont act by it at times.

If a player comes to join us they are one of us, make them feel like it. If they have a bad game by all means critique it fairly and respectfully but ffs at least give them a chance before plastering shit about them.

Thats where im at with things. I appreciate ill be in the minority with my slightly hippy world view, maybe im getting old, maybe ive just seen the damage mental health can do to people and how it is important for footballers to be valued as people more so than as assets.

Apologies if i offend anyone with my view or how i communicate it. I appreciate its an open forum and we all see shit different, ive also been guilty of things in the past that maybe id advocate against now but i suppose thats part of life and growth as a person. Maybe ill see things differently in time and think my current viewpoint is misguided.

Who knows but im also just saying it as i see it and im sure you ask any footballer theyd swap all the money in the world for good mental health and treatment as people, even if they dont know it when theyre young.

Apologies if I am mistaken, but isn't it only BCS who isn't entirely happy with this signing? You're always going to get different opinions on a forum, regardless.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:47 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:

Apologies if I am mistaken, but isn't it only BCS who isn't entirely happy with this signing? You're always going to get different opinions on a forum, regardless.

Yeah you're mistaken. It was Russybcool

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next