THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 4:42 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Max Dean
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:36 pm 

cornerdon26 wrote:
JtL264 wrote:
Bizarre move this. We’re third from bottom. An 18year old striker is not the answer sorry to say.

Know we’re all mentioning long term but surely higher priorities then this. Will be in national league soon enough for him to play.

I'm not sure anyone thinks he is the solution. There are probably higher priorities short term and I guess, and sorry to quote Russ, 'plates are spinning' to find those solutions. Recruiting what we need shorter term is probably more difficult but that doesn't mean we shouldn't push on with other signings.

Agreed. Also, we were not even considering Max Dean. He approached us saying he was available, so we acted.

We still need to plan for the future, regardless of our current situation and if we have the opportunity to sign an asset that could make us some money in the future, why on earth would we turn that down.

I highly doubt this signing has affected our initial plans in any way and I suspect wage wise, he's going to be cheap.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:02 am 

I was dead against this move when it was reported as a loan. As a permanent transfer I think it's fine. Low risk, high reward.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:19 am 

He literally looks like a 14 year old!
Makes me feel very old :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:00 am 

Linslade wrote:

Same here, but having watched his clips he does look a fair bit bigger than many of the u23’s/u18’s he’s facing. Obviously that’s no guarantee that he’ll be able to compete against grown men in L1, but he’s going to develop. As Toby C says above; low risk, high reward. There was a tweet from a Leeds fan congratulating us on securing £100M in a few years!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:04 am 

Camdenite wrote:
Linslade wrote:

Same here, but having watched his clips he does look a fair bit bigger than many of the u23’s/u18’s he’s facing. Obviously that’s no guarantee that he’ll be able to compete against grown men in L1, but he’s going to develop. As Toby C says above; low risk, high reward. There was a tweet from a Leeds fan congratulating us on securing £100M in a few years!

Apparently Leeds negotiated a sell-on % in return for releasing him - good business for them considering he wasn’t in their squad and was nearing the end of his contract.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:11 am 

I will be more comfortable in the signing if we can wrap up the signing of a compenent centre half sooner tha later.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:00 pm 

Just what we need, another rookie player and a prayer.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:46 pm 

RedOnRed wrote:

Not sure about the power of prayer for football matches. I will cross my fingers though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:18 pm 

epdon wrote:
RedOnRed wrote:

Not sure about the power of prayer for football matches. I will cross my fingers though.

Have you not been praying? No wonder we keep losing. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:46 pm 

I was speaking to a Leeds supporting neighbour at the pub last night and as soon as I mentioned Max Dean his face lit up and he was saying how good this kid is. The praise made me feel hyped as I’ve been feeling skeptical about this signing so far.

He also couldn’t stop raving about Jackson and quoted him as the reason Leeds survived.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next