THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:33 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hiram Boateng
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 4:13 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Well this is what Exeter fans think of him, mixed bag of opinions really.

http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread ... or-MK-Dons

Seems like his best performances were under Tisdale the season before last. But even when he's been on and off form like this season, he still managed 7 assists in 28 games.

Hopefully Tisdale/Oakley/Butterfield can get the best out of him again, and he'll be reunited with the likes of Harley and JMT.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 5:39 pm 

If we were still in league 2 this would have been a great signing, however, if we want to compete in league 1 we need to aim a bit higher than Boateng, he’s a solid decent player, but I’m not convinced he will improve the team, the standard of league 1, top half especially, is vastly different to the dross in league 2.

Mr Tisdale, other players are available that don’t have links with Exeter

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 5:49 pm 

Scribble wrote:
If we were still in league 2 this would have been a great signing, however, if we want to compete in league 1 we need to aim a bit higher than Boateng, he’s a solid decent player, but I’m not convinced he will improve the team, the standard of league 1, top half especially, is vastly different to the dross in league 2.

Look at it this way, he's basically replaced Cissé - same position, similar amount of experience. Except Boateng is 5 years younger and more highly-rated.

If we had kept Cissé, most would have been fine with that going into L1. So at the very least we've replaced an older player, with a better, younger player in the same position. I wouldn't say that's bad business.

However, I agree that we do need some higher quality signings in general to compete at the top end of L1 next season, especially in midfield and upfront. Clearly Tisdale wanted more firepower in January and bid for Stockley, so I assume that will still be the case, especially as we're in a higher division now. We really need that marquee proven goalscorer to come in.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 5:50 pm 

Filthy wrote:
Scribble wrote:

We really need that marquee proven goalscorer to come in.

Or keep the ones we’ve got.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 5:59 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Filthy wrote:
Scribble wrote:

We were at our best in L2 when we had someone else with quality up front to make that front three - Healey, Agard and Aneke. If we keep both Agard and Aneke, then at the very least we would need someone of Healey's quality to give us what we had during that first half of the season, then reinforce with a more creative midfielder or two instead of a fourth striker. Wheeler was good, but just wasn't as effective as Healey, and we all know Asonganyi, Nombe, Pattison and Bird aren't going to get much of a chance.

If we lose either (or both) Agard and Aneke then it's going to be a big task to replace that, and probably costly to do so as well. But necessary.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 6:03 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Filthy wrote:
Scribble wrote:

Could be out of our hands

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 6:05 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Filthy wrote:
Scribble wrote:

Either way we'll know by this time next month (unless it gets all weird and uncertain like it did with Reeves and nobody knew what was happening until he rocked up at Charlton).

I would hope that either of them have already signed contracts with us, or told Tisdale they are definitely leaving so we can plan for adequate replacements.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 6:15 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Filthy wrote:
Scribble wrote:

True.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 7:58 pm 

Boateng is a good addition I would say, seems Tisdale is the one to get the best from him, he has had injury and fitness issues last season, hoping that a good pre season with us will make him ready

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 8:08 pm 

Never heard of the chappie but hope he'll be ok.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next