THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:56 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 476 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 48  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 1:20 pm 

Well at least he (probably) won’t score against us when we play then next season.

Thank you for your efforts here Michael.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 1:33 pm 

I assume Cornerdon is on a wind up considering he lives in NZ. Tweeted saying he bumped into Dean and he's off to Birmingham..

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 1:58 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
I assume Cornerdon is on a wind up considering he lives in NZ. Tweeted saying he bumped into Dean and he's off to Birmingham..

Hmmm, i dont know about Cornerdon but I have also been told Birmingham from a usually reliable source. Dismissed it as unlikely when I was told but thats quite a coincidence.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 2:02 pm 

Magpie wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

Hmmm, i dont know about Cornerdon but I have also been told Birmingham from a usually reliable source. Dismissed it as unlikely when I was told but thats quite a coincidence.

I could see it having legs and wouldn't be a bad move for Dean. Birmingham are a big club who should not be in league 1. Its a good next step for a young player who has shown he is too good for league 2 but still needs to work on a few things if he is to reach his potential (which could be the very top). If the fee is fair and it is sorted quickly it would probably be good for all parties.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 2:06 pm 

Magpie wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

Maybe Dean is on holiday or Cornerdon is! Sounds like it could be happening then.

I think that is a good move for him and I can imagine him playing for Birmingham. Hopefully it's a tidy fee.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 2:07 pm 

Ormeau wrote:
Magpie wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

I could see it having legs and wouldn't be a bad move for Dean. Birmingham are a big club who should not be in league 1. Its a good next step for a young player who has shown he is too good for league 2 but still needs to work on a few things if he is to reach his potential (which could be the very top). If the fee is fair and it is sorted quickly it would probably be good for all parties.

I have heard everyone from Burton and Birmingham to Stoke and Cardiff. It's safe to say that he will be gone by August and we will be left searching for another player to add to our long list of players we need to buy.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 2:11 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
Magpie wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

I have heard everyone from Burton and Birmingham to Stoke and Cardiff. It's safe to say that he will be gone by August and we will be left searching for another player to add to our long list of players we need to buy.

We're a league 2 club, get use to it. Really can't see the issue here.

We rejected bids for him in January. He's a 20 year old who has performed very well and we managed to hold on to him for the rest of the season. Definitely the right time for him to leave and for us to cash in. No club at this level is would be able to keep hold of Dean and most would have sold in January.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 2:55 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
Magpie wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

We're a league 2 club, get use to it. Really can't see the issue here.

We rejected bids for him in January. He's a 20 year old who has performed very well and we managed to hold on to him for the rest of the season. Definitely the right time for him to leave and for us to cash in. No club at this level is would be able to keep hold of Dean and most would have sold in January.

There is zero need to be patronising. I know we are a League 2 club, but this shit isn't new. All I was saying I have heard of half a dozen clubs in for him. We have been doing this since the Robbo days. When we were not a league 2 club. I just hope that he keeps up his work rate and gets rid of his sometimes shitty attitude as just cause he was banging them in for us doesn't mean he will get the same luck higher up the chain and you can see how pissy he gets when he doesn't get his own way. I am not naïve to think he won't go and don't expect a massive fee. He is rumoured to only be worth £200K. If we get half a mill tops that would be brilliant IMO (obviously take away Leeds portion). He has only had half a season of first team football period, and whilst that was good buying clubs will see that as a risk. He isn't a Rhys Healey.

On a side note the only thing that may give the Birmingham thing a hitch is the lack of a manager. It looks like they are after Heckingbottom but I would say a manager first would be a priority for Birmingham before any players.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 3:05 pm 

RedOnRed wrote:
Hang on, am I the first one to report a transfer having gone through? Fuck me, that's the first time that's happened in twenty years!

Well done and all that.

But what do you know about O'Riley's contract clauses?? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 3:34 pm 

RedOnRed wrote:
Hang on, am I the first one to report a transfer having gone through? Fuck me, that's the first time that's happened in twenty years!

Doesn’t count, wasn’t our player ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 476 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 48  Next