THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:43 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Paris Maghoma
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:27 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
His brother is a coach for us. It just seems like our annual favour for a friend much like wickham last year. I am happy to be proved wrong but anyone can make a video look good with clever editing. 24 games in all comps no goals and one assist for them in sw9 in a division lower. But I hope you can all tell me I told you so but out of the three do far this is the most underwhelming signing for me

You can be excited or underwhelmed about this signing, but surely you don't actually think Sweeting and Jackson have used up the last loan spot to sign a player as a favour to his brother, who himself has only worked as an academy coach for about a fortnight. It's been a sketchy few months for recruitment but let's give them some credit!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:28 pm 

I see the Wikipedia stat merchants are here with their conclusions already :roll:

I've seen a number of AFC fans say that he started really well for them but then they changed their style of play to more direct and it didn't suit him so he dropped off a bit. Weirdly enough, I've also seen a fair few comments from AFC fans saying they think he'll do quite well with us.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:08 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
His brother is a coach for us. It just seems like our annual favour for a friend much like wickham last year. I am happy to be proved wrong but anyone can make a video look good with clever editing. 24 games in all comps no goals and one assist for them in sw9 in a division lower. But I hope you can all tell me I told you so but out of the three do far this is the most underwhelming signing for me

Why are you judging a CDM on goals and assists?

He's a Kasumu type player. He's being brought into sure up the midfield and add a bit of bite.

Christ, next you'll be moaning that Jamie Cumming hasn't score enough.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:35 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

He's a Kasumu type player. He's being brought into sure up the midfield and add a bit of bite.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/paris-maghoma/profil/spieler/470596

He is a CM is he not? When it is in black and white from a resource that should be accurate you can see why I was underwhelmed. Says CM or Attacking CM. So maybe wind your necks in before you set fire to the torches and get the pitchforks out

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:40 pm 

I hope he better ball skills & touch than Oyegoki.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:47 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

He is a CM is he not? When it is in black and white from a resource that should be accurate you can see why I was underwhelmed. Says CM or Attacking CM. So maybe wind your necks in before you set fire to the torches and get the pitchforks out

Played CDM for AFC.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:07 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

Played CDM for AFC.

And maybe that is why he was recalled. I don't know. To be honest I never really pay attention to them at the best of times so in that regard you can't really blame me. Funny now we have two of their former players in our employ now. Maybe I should pay more attention

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:50 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

Played CDM for AFC.

And maybe that is why he was recalled. I don't know. To be honest I never really pay attention to them at the best of times so in that regard you can't really blame me. Funny now we have two of their former players in our employ now. Maybe I should pay more attention

He got recalled because he was injured in December. Maybe not deemed good enough to keep around until he was fit again

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:37 pm 

If you look at AFC's tweet confirming he was going back to Brentford, the fans seem gutted.

They weren't so upset about Watson and Lawrence

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:47 pm 

Cant believe the nonsense im reading here.

1) if he scored 20 goals and 15 assists in league 2 he wouldnt be only moving up to league one relegation battle. In that respect we are lucky, maybe he will fulfill more of his potential here, or perhaps thats not what hes been recruited for and we see other qualities in him besides being a freak goal contributor.

2) at this level you have to recruit attributes over big price stats most of the time, unless youre lucky and can acquire both on a modest budget. What we have to look at is how his style of play, physical and technical qualities and data fit into our style of play and can we be the team to bring out those big price contributions in said player. We have to see what others dont, that clever data that isnt on wikipedia and easily accessible.

3) every single time you just have to welcome a player, give them a chance and make them feel loved and wanted. Got a much better chance of getting the best out of a happy player playing with freedom.

4) this shitty negativity at the club has to stop, just fucking grow up, have a beer with your mates and get behind the team instead of banging that shitty negativity drum that helps noone. Just fucking enjoy the rollercoaster. Getting tiring seeing people waste their time and energy doing something they clearly dont enjoy and take no pleasure from. Some people need to have a reality check on what supporting a lower league club is all about, the younger one club generation have got it right its those that have come from supporting a prem club that have zero perception of the realities of this level. Noones forced you to ditch your original club that spends millions year on year to come fown here for the struggle that can be lower league football. I think pete snd the dtaff have done a wonderful job at making a club at this level with shit attendances and merch sales operate in a modern way with progressive footballing philosophy and elite principles. Year on year we see lots of transfer movement in and out generating millions and reinvesting it in more exciting young assets. It wont always pay off at this level but fuckinghell weve struck gold more than most with a team of our small stature.

5 as a club snd fanbase are we really that hard done by?

6) welcome to mk dons paris, looking forward to seeing you realise your potential snd grow here for the remainder of the season and us contribute to your development.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next