THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 50  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 2:13 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
Nah surely not? He's destined for the Championship isn't he!!??

Definitely would have gone to Oxford if they stayed in League 1.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 2:49 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

Definitely would have gone to Oxford if they stayed in League 1.

Would be hysterical if he ended up in League 2.

He is nowhere close to championship level - he was some way off players like Twine, Darling, Kasumu - all who have struggled in the championship.

Lower League One club at best.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 8:56 pm 

Alby39 wrote:

Chelsea are in for him apparently.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 10:28 am 

We're interested in signing Clark Robertson, along with Stockport and Bristol Rovers - https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/stock ... -defender/

He's a free agent after leaving Ashdod in Israel and doesn't want to extend his stay out there (Not sure why..).

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 11:01 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
We're interested in signing Clark Robertson, along with Stockport and Bristol Rovers - https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/stock ... -defender/

He's a free agent after leaving Ashdod in Israel and doesn't want to extend his stay out there (Not sure why..).

He apparently left Israel in October 2023. I wonder if he's match fit, or has been training somewhere. Can't say he was on my radar tbh.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 11:10 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Seen a rumour of O’Hora to Swindon, although not sure how true that is.

If it is true, then no doubt he’ll become the world’s greatest CB. He’s a better player than Kemp and Devoy and we saw what Swindon did to them.

Is he? Im not sure of how good a player he is. In the near promotion season, playing next to Darling he looked decent, no doubt about that but since then im not so sure of his abiliies. Its hard to judge by last season admittedly as the defensive unit as a whole was so poor and he didnt look like he wanted to be here. That gets said about a lot of players but he is one of three I think that might be true about for us (Aneke in his last season and Sam Gallagher).

Ive begun thinking that hes not all that good at all and is a L2 journeyman level of player?

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 11:18 am 

paul4040 wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

He apparently left Israel in October 2023. I wonder if he's match fit, or has been training somewhere. Can't say he was on my radar tbh.

According to Flashscore he played 90 minutes for Ashod on the 11th May, scoring a goal too (most recent appearance). Seemingly he's played 90 minutes in most of their games in recent months.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 11:26 am 

Magpie wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

If it is true, then no doubt he’ll become the world’s greatest CB. He’s a better player than Kemp and Devoy and we saw what Swindon did to them.

Is he? Im not sure of how good a player he is. In the near promotion season, playing next to Darling he looked decent, no doubt about that but since then im not so sure of his abiliies. Its hard to judge by last season admittedly as the defensive unit as a whole was so poor and he didnt look like he wanted to be here. That gets said about a lot of players but he is one of three I think that might be true about for us (Aneke in his last season and Sam Gallagher).

Ive begun thinking that hes not all that good at all and is a L2 journeyman level of player?

Yet Jules and Baldwin looked average at best. O'Hora is a decent player. If Darling wasn't better, I believe Woz would have got a championship move but circumstances prevented it. The year after relegation we stopped a move. His confidence has been shot due to both his individual and team performance, being stucked with all sorts of ever changing defenders and managers, moved across the backline etc.

Football can be as much about opportunity and timing as ability. I could just as easily see him in the Championship in 2 years as the National League. Swap he looked good because he was next to darling with he looks bad because he was next to Tucker

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 12:15 pm 

cornerdon26 wrote:
Magpie wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

Yet Jules and Baldwin looked average at best. O'Hora is a decent player. If Darling wasn't better, I believe Woz would have got a championship move but circumstances prevented it. The year after relegation we stopped a move. His confidence has been shot due to both his individual and team performance, being stucked with all sorts of ever changing defenders and managers, moved across the backline etc.

Football can be as much about opportunity and timing as ability. I could just as easily see him in the Championship in 2 years as the National League. Swap he looked good because he was next to darling with he looks bad because he was next to Tucker

Maybe, who can ever really know but he looked good next to good players and looked shit next to shit players. Im not sure we 'blocked' a move. I think we turned down a bid or a transfer request ( I dont know which) and that is a pretty standard thing to happen in his line of employment!

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 12:18 pm 

Gravel Path to Martti wrote:
paul4040 wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

According to Flashscore he played 90 minutes for Ashod on the 11th May, scoring a goal too (most recent appearance). Seemingly he's played 90 minutes in most of their games in recent months.

He played for Portsmouth as well right?

He would be useful. Big solid bloke at the back, which you clearly need in this league.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 50  Next