THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 477 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 48  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 3:40 pm 

In his interview he mentions a player he knows for us from Torquay. I’ve no idea who it is and I’ve listened to it about 10 times. Anyone have any idea who he is on about?

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 3:47 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Happy with the signing. Just concerned about the number of times he's dispossessed.

https://www.fotmob.com/en-GB/players/86 ... eigh-evans

Does that mean the amount of times he has dispossessed opposition players? Excuse my ignorance I normally don't look at the stats. If that is all that is against him then we have not done too badly. His average rating is mainly green which is about as in depth as I go :lol:

As it's red I will say no. He was dispossessed 30 times last season, which equates to 1.2 times per 90 minutes.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 3:53 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Happy with the signing. Just concerned about the number of times he's dispossessed.

https://www.fotmob.com/en-GB/players/86 ... eigh-evans

I wouldn't worry about that. All attacking players have a low score there because the comparison is including defensive players, who obviously are rarely possessed.

Ours are often dispossessed- usually in front of an open goal.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 3:55 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
In his interview he mentions a player he knows for us from Torquay. I’ve no idea who it is and I’ve listened to it about 10 times. Anyone have any idea who he is on about?

Could be Wearne. Looking at their careers they may have slightly overlapped at Torquay.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 4:01 pm 

dondondon wrote:
You've got a good signing in the Lemony one. Was impressed with him during his time with us.

On a serious note, we've seemed to have parked the thing between us in terms ofnsigning ex you lot - usually loanees mind but still... at what point does it become evident on your side that you're maybe missing good opportunities just because they played for us?

I'd imagine e JJ would love Dan Kemp - London club, mid to top level L2 side which is the level he performed at well this season, on a free? Surely it's not him against those kinds of players, but the hierarchy?? Because I'd guess if Kemp hadn't played for us he'd be high on your list..

Plus some others, the fact you've not gotta do business with us should surely mean nowadays you've gotta look past that , the pool is small for clubs like ours and there's a lot with links to either of us, can you see AFCW signing an ex Frannie soon?

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 4:05 pm 

They signed Drewe Broughton so they’ve already bridged that gap

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 4:09 pm 

He probably has some AFCW kit or memorabilia. What we need now is a picture of him burning it or gripping it between his bare arse cheeks.

Edited might be a bit difficult if he has a mug, but not impossible. He'll have tight glutes.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 4:22 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:

He says Wearne. Just pronounces it differently.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 5:31 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
They signed Drewe Broughton so they’ve already bridged that gap

That barely even counts, had to point that out to one of them lot earlier and they didn't even know about it

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 5:44 pm 

Seems a very solid top end L2 signing. Versatile, mentioned in a recent Stockport video he was playing as a wing-back for several games and seemed to do well there too. We're getting a promotion winner who played a massive part in the second half of their season and we're getting him as he enters his prime years. Stockport fans seem gutted to see him go.

Plus when clean shaven he looks a bit like Ryan Gosling if you squint your eyes.

Can't really see any negatives to this signing. Only thing you could say is he's played less than 20 games in each of the last two seasons.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 477 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 48  Next