THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:45 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 476 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 48  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 8:27 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
We tried again to sign Luke Molyneux but he’s decided to stay at Doncaster.

Would have been a great signing that. Shows our intent though, as he’d have been a high earner.

Depends how much we offered him.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 9:00 am 

Ormeau wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
DippyDon wrote:

Would have been a great signing that. Shows our intent though, as he’d have been a high earner.

In his view (and mine) that would be a sideways move. We are no better draw than Doncaster really. Face facts we are. I still don't understand what is a draw to move half way across the country unless they are playing in a lower division/out of contract or free agent.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 9:23 am 

We spoke to him a few years back when he was leaving Hartlepool, for free, but told him wanted to look at players on loan from Premier / Championship clubs. He mentioned that in an interview when he signed for Doncaster.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 9:51 am 

Russybcool wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
DippyDon wrote:

In his view (and mine) that would be a sideways move. We are no better draw than Doncaster really. Face facts we are. I still don't understand what is a draw to move half way across the country unless they are playing in a lower division/out of contract or free agent.

Yeah, given how they finished the season, it would be a sideways move as they look set to challenge again this season. I suspect the club knew they didn't have much of a chance, but with him being out of contract then it makes sense that they explored it and offered.

Our stadium is definitely a draw for players though. Almost every single player mentions it, as is our style of play. All players want to be on the ball as much as possible and they get a good opportunity with that here. Let's be honest though, contract length and salary is always the most important thing at this level.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 10:01 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
DippyDon wrote:

Yeah, given how they finished the season, it would be a sideways move as they look set to challenge again this season. I suspect the club knew they didn't have much of a chance, but with him being out of contract then it makes sense that they explored it and offered.

Our stadium is definitely a draw for players though. Almost every single player mentions it, as is our style of play. All players want to be on the ball as much as possible and they get a good opportunity with that here. Let's be honest though, contract length and salary is always the most important thing at this level.

Man is from the North East and the most "southern" club he has ever played for is Doncaster. I mean if he turned us down two years ago after the season we had before then I have no idea why he would sign for us when we are a League 2 team. I get the feeling he doesn't want to stray too far from the area. Mind you he is a Williamson boy (if I have the dates right). Maybe that was our bargaining chip, but there are no guarantees our gaffer will be with us by the end of next week.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 10:14 am 

That article would appear to be linking him to clubs that he's been linked with in the past, so probably of no value. Although a very useful player at this level.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 11:47 am 

I see Kelly has gone to Accrington. Thought he was pretty useful for us and will be hard to replace as a decent No2.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 12:36 pm 

RedOnRed wrote:
I see Kelly has gone to Accrington. Thought he was pretty useful for us and will be hard to replace as a decent No2.

Good for him. Hope he smashes it.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 12:58 pm 

RedOnRed wrote:

Im pleased for him to have landed a new club so quickly. He did about the best he could do for us and deserves a shot somewhere.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 1:14 pm 

Hang on, am I the first one to report a transfer having gone through? Fuck me, that's the first time that's happened in twenty years!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 476 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 48  Next