THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Jun 09, 2024 5:10 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Video from Pete....
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 6:33 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
Show me where he was wrong?

In hindsight he did back 2 managers with a squad we all thought was capable of going up. Not like the squad was pennypinched.

Despite the obsession from some with throwing sweeting and to a lesser degree dimon crampton under the bus and not crediting them with anything they are good football people. Liam sweeting has overseen us sign scott twine, harry darling, warren ohora, max dean, matt oriley, connor coventry, jack payne, tomlinson, maghoma, ethan laird, mo eisa, alex gilbey i mean i could go on about more and all these players have had an impact, gone onto higher divisions, brought us in profitable transfers etc. despite how some have gone on to dip in form over time at one time or another theyve all been positive signings. Weve had so many good signings under liam sweeting.

Continuing on the recruitment topic its easy to forget that we were on the brink of getting to the championship under a liam sweeting recruited side. If you want to give more credit to the manager thats ok, liam sweeting recruited them too. So hate all you want but whatever way you paint it weve had some great progress at times and some great moments snd great players come in. It hasnt always been great but show me a club in league one or 2 that have consistenly recruited and moved players on for profit and recruited managers that have gone on to higher levels in the time that liam sweeting has been in charge?

We get so much good press and we get so much exposure under lism sweetings model and regime. Yes weve been in decline with a relegation but hes also just recruited a team that was on the brink of promotion with another manager that in the form table eould have got us automatic and will go on to manage at a higher level with or without us. So be careful what you wish for those that want sweeting gone and robbo back, we could bring back jay emanuel thomas, cody cropper, simon church, and any number of the shit signings back then. Our only holden goose then was dele alli, weve dince had many under 1 man, liam sweeting.

No club consistently churns out win after win in the transfer market outside the prem. weve had more top signings under liam sweeting than under anyone else. We are recruiting at a much higher level and we are seeing players reach a higher ceiling in their careers. We are relying less on loans and generating more transfer income opportunities.

Can you really question whether pete cares? Sometimes he cares too much and says the wrong things and is too heart on sleeve. He needs more consultation from the fanbase before big decisions that effect the fanbase but he does fucking care, whether we are happy right now or not.

Its easy to forget just how big a turnaround we had under mike williamson. We sere an automatic place team under him if it werent for the fact 15 other teams got a headstart.

It was a cruel end to the season, we buckled in some pressure moments but i went into every game under mike williamson thinking we could and probably would win and i always felt like we had 3 goals in us week in week out.

No doubt the gaffer and sweeting will be backed as much as any league 2 club with a fanbase of our size would in the transfer market and no doubt 70/80% of the players coming in will be players that go onto enjoy success here or elsewhere.

This and so much this.

Cheers Pete. Cheers Liam

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 6:40 pm 

What gets me isn't the self pity or that it has hurt him more, nor the sticking with MW & LS, etc. After all it's just a matter of opinions and he is entitled to his opinion as is everyone else. It's his admission that he has upset half the season ticket base, without any apology.

No apology for people who had to scramble under netting, no apology for Alby's dad who in bad health had to struggle to the middle of the row and no apology to season ticket holders, who were split on some nebulous idea to improve the atmosphere.

He still thinks we are pawns, to do as he wishes, some sort of collateral damage and basically marks / suckers in his latest plan and that is unforgiveable.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 6:43 pm 

"Mike is a fantastic young manager, and very highly thought of".

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 6:49 pm 

The it’s your fault and get over it attitude sums up this football club.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 6:55 pm 

Same old drivel and excuses

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 8:05 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
That was the players and managers fault, not Winkelbots

Agreed, but very easy to point the finger at PW. He invested in the squad; Harrison, Norman, Williams, Gilbey, McGillivray, Stewart, Bate would all have required a transfer fee and/or high wages for League 2.

There are a few decision I've not agreed with this season, like closing West Stand etc. but from an investment point of view, the stick PW get's is absolutely insane. Very few clubs in this league would have invested as much as we did in the playing squad.

Finally... reality

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 8:12 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
Show me where he was wrong?

In hindsight he did back 2 managers with a squad we all thought was capable of going up. Not like the squad was pennypinched.

Despite the obsession from some with throwing sweeting and to a lesser degree dimon crampton under the bus and not crediting them with anything they are good football people. Liam sweeting has overseen us sign scott twine, harry darling, warren ohora, max dean, matt oriley, connor coventry, jack payne, tomlinson, maghoma, ethan laird, mo eisa, alex gilbey i mean i could go on about more and all these players have had an impact, gone onto higher divisions, brought us in profitable transfers etc. despite how some have gone on to dip in form over time at one time or another theyve all been positive signings. Weve had so many good signings under liam sweeting.

Continuing on the recruitment topic its easy to forget that we were on the brink of getting to the championship under a liam sweeting recruited side. If you want to give more credit to the manager thats ok, liam sweeting recruited them too. So hate all you want but whatever way you paint it weve had some great progress at times and some great moments snd great players come in. It hasnt always been great but show me a club in league one or 2 that have consistenly recruited and moved players on for profit and recruited managers that have gone on to higher levels in the time that liam sweeting has been in charge?

We get so much good press and we get so much exposure under lism sweetings model and regime. Yes weve been in decline with a relegation but hes also just recruited a team that was on the brink of promotion with another manager that in the form table eould have got us automatic and will go on to manage at a higher level with or without us. So be careful what you wish for those that want sweeting gone and robbo back, we could bring back jay emanuel thomas, cody cropper, simon church, and any number of the shit signings back then. Our only holden goose then was dele alli, weve dince had many under 1 man, liam sweeting.

No club consistently churns out win after win in the transfer market outside the prem. weve had more top signings under liam sweeting than under anyone else. We are recruiting at a much higher level and we are seeing players reach a higher ceiling in their careers. We are relying less on loans and generating more transfer income opportunities.

Can you really question whether pete cares? Sometimes he cares too much and says the wrong things and is too heart on sleeve. He needs more consultation from the fanbase before big decisions that effect the fanbase but he does fucking care, whether we are happy right now or not.

Its easy to forget just how big a turnaround we had under mike williamson. We sere an automatic place team under him if it werent for the fact 15 other teams got a headstart.

It was a cruel end to the season, we buckled in some pressure moments but i went into every game under mike williamson thinking we could and probably would win and i always felt like we had 3 goals in us week in week out.

No doubt the gaffer and sweeting will be backed as much as any league 2 club with a fanbase of our size would in the transfer market and no doubt 70/80% of the players coming in will be players that go onto enjoy success here or elsewhere.

Great Post

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 8:22 pm 

I’m genuinely chuckling at how good he is at these videos.

Bring on next season.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 8:24 pm 

"I have good people around me. Good football people".

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 9:03 pm 

Gers wrote:
"I have good people around me. Good football people".

Spoiler. He doesn’t.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next