THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Jun 08, 2024 5:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Williamson
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 3:04 pm 

He doesn't deserve to be sacked, let's stop this reactive nonsense.

But I don't think I'd be disappointed if he did go to Barnsley. He's been good and simply bottled it along with the rest of the club at the end, I don't have the attachment there to him as I did with other managers, including the snake in that, but like with Martin, I can see a way forwards and I'd also be happy if he stayed because I want the stability and we were on track for promotion based on his PPG with us.

If he does leave, I think I'd want the Altrincham manager, however realistic or not that is.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 3:20 pm 

midfielder wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
Scum. wrote:
Hopefully if Williamson goes, we can get someone in who can reconnect with the fans and truly ‘gets’ us in a way Williamson doesn’t want to do. Paul Ince would be a great fit.

Robbo for me.
Assisted by Mad Dog.
Dream Team.

Ince the new owner backed by Amazon.

Jeremy Clarkson as non-nonsense chairman to argue with local council(s) it's only an hour from Diddly Squat farm.

Clarkson's got plenty of land there for a training ground too

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 3:25 pm 

Can you imagine the first press conference.

Barnsley Chairman: I would like to introduce our new manager. The guy who lost to Crawley 3-0 and 5-1. The guy to lost to Stockport 5 - 0. The guy who lost to Bradford 4-0 and to Doncaster 3-0. Who's team let in 4 goals against Sutton and 3 goals against Harrogate and Notts County. I give you your new manager Mike Williamson.

Last edited by ReturnofMoo on Tue May 14, 2024 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 3:26 pm 

midland don wrote:
midfielder wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
Scum. wrote:
Hopefully if Williamson goes, we can get someone in who can reconnect with the fans and truly ‘gets’ us in a way Williamson doesn’t want to do. Paul Ince would be a great fit.

Robbo for me.
Assisted by Mad Dog.
Dream Team.

Jeremy Clarkson as non-nonsense chairman to argue with local council(s) it's only an hour from Diddly Squat farm.

He would want to change the stadium into a monster truck arena. :(

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 3:49 pm 

Hereford-Don wrote:
https://bookies.com/uk/news/next-barnsley-manager-odds-mike-williamson-favourite-as-michael-duff-joins-huddersfield

MW is evens fav
I hope he goes and soon. Really disappointed an ex prem league defender couldnt sort out our defence with coaching, personel or formation. Leakier than the Titanic

he was 2/5 like two weeks ago, he might well go but bookies odds mean absolutely sweet FA

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 3:57 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
midland don wrote:
midfielder wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
Scum. wrote:

Robbo for me.
Assisted by Mad Dog.
Dream Team.

He would want to change the stadium into a monster truck arena. :(

Hopefully he wouldn't send Donny and Mooie off to the abattoir :o

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 3:57 pm 

Manager has a lot of potential but is still learning and showed his inexperience in the last few weeks. He will be a better manager for it.

Be a shame if he leaves.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 4:04 pm 

Just playing devils advocate here as I'm not really too concerned whether he stays or goes, but is he really that good?

Yes, the football at home has been a lot better to watch than it has been for a couple of seasons, but away from home we have been terrible and have suffered a few heavy defeats.

From Wiki, the stats show Williamson at MK has 20 wins, 5 draws and 13 defeats from 38 games which if they were all league games would be 65 points. GA at Bradford has 18 wins, 7 draws and 10 defeats from 35 games which would be 61 points.

I'm not saying we should have stuck with GA as the football was atrocious but are we looking at him through rose tinted spectacles?

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 4:22 pm 

Sting wrote:
Just playing devils advocate here as I'm not really too concerned whether he stays or goes, but is he really that good?

Yes, the football at home has been a lot better to watch than it has been for a couple of seasons, but away from home we have been terrible and have suffered a few heavy defeats.

From Wiki, the stats show Williamson at MK has 20 wins, 5 draws and 13 defeats from 38 games which if they were all league games would be 65 points. GA at Bradford has 18 wins, 7 draws and 10 defeats from 35 games which would be 61 points.

I'm not saying we should have stuck with GA as the football was atrocious but are we looking at him through rose tinted spectacles?

The way GA had this team playing was a total insult to them. He had them playing as underdogs in pretty much every game we played. Sitting back as if we're a League 2 team playing a Prem team in the FA Cup.

Mike Williamson had an initially fairly simple job. He had a decent team at his disposal and simply just needed to remind them that they're decent footballers and to play the game the right way. The squad was capable of dominating games and we quickly showed that.

I am in no way underplaying the job MW did and how he advanced us up the table, but lets remember that this squad compared to some of the others in the league was far superior. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I just wish we got to see a back line of Norman, O'Hora and Lewington for both play off games. Not using Norman, arguable our best defender, is a hard one to take.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 9:14 am 

Sting wrote:

As I have said he would have had three main objectives:

Stop the losing mentality
Play better football
Get us as high up the table as you can

IMO he met all three, there will be question marks, but if he does stay he needs to be given a window to either metaphorically throw himself out of or to stand in front of and bask in the glory. In all honesty, Sweeting/Alexander didn't cover themselves in glory with the defensive signings this season and I can't blame Williamson for that. The two we did sign one buggered off in January and the other one was never given a chance. IMO he did the best he could with the blunt tools at his disposal, but tactically he has been naïve and to a point very very poor and I am hoping he can sort that side of it cause that is why we have been getting the battering's we have, but next season there will be no excuses. This will be his squad and his alone with players who manage not to shit themselves when playing out from the back....if he stays of course.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next