THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 11:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 10:18 am 

I’m hoping MW comes to his senses and forget about Marschall, I’ve no idea what he sees in him, he’s just a dreadful goalkeeper, just leave well alone Mike and never contact him again, start searching for a proper keeper, you know, one that can come for crosses, stop shots, isn’t rooted to the line, that sort of thing

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 10:53 am 

Hindsight now so irrelevant - but Stevenage's season had ended, why wasn't it possible to recall Craig for the playoffs?

Crawley would probably have torn us a new one anyway but at least it wouldn't have been the humiliating debacle that turned out.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 10:55 am 

CleanDon wrote:
Fillip Marschall was in training the week we played Tranmere away, Craig Mc obviously upset by the situation and knowing what was to come asked to move and didn't want to play against Tranmere, which Kelly started.

Can't say I blame him for wanting to move at that time, especially given his replacement was training before he'd even signed.

And you know this how? How the fuck was a contracted player to another club training with us before signing? The mere notion of that is bat shit insane. Lewie is the only one I know of doing that when he was kicked out by Neilson. He wasn't a free agent. That's even worse as there was at least a week or two for Williamson to see how much of a fuck up he made and veto the idea.

Last edited by Russybcool on Tue May 14, 2024 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 10:56 am 

He's not just the worst goalkeeper we've ever had, but actually the worst player we've ever had.

And just prepare yourselves, because if MW is still here next season, I can almost guarantee he'll be back.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 10:56 am 

voxish wrote:
Hindsight now so irrelevant - but Stevenage's season had ended, why wasn't it possible to recall Craig for the playoffs?

Crawley would probably have torn us a new one anyway but at least it wouldn't have been the humiliating debacle that turned out.

Because the transfer window hasn't opened yet due to the season still being underway. Once he moved to Stevenage and the transfer window closed that's it until the next transfer window opens

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 11:11 am 

Russybcool wrote:
CleanDon wrote:
Fillip Marschall was in training the week we played Tranmere away, Craig Mc obviously upset by the situation and knowing what was to come asked to move and didn't want to play against Tranmere, which Kelly started.

Can't say I blame him for wanting to move at that time, especially given his replacement was training before he'd even signed.

And you know this how? How the fuck was a contracted player to another club training with us before signing? The mere notion of that is bat shit insane. Lewie is the only one I know of doing that when he was kicked out by Neilson. He wasn't a free agent. That's even worse as there was at least a week or two for Williamson to see how much of a fuck up he made and veto the idea.

Happens all the time with loans..

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 11:16 am 

Russybcool wrote:
CleanDon wrote:

It literally happened mate and happens all the time...

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 11:32 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
CleanDon wrote:

Makes it even more hilarious then as I assume that MacG would have been pissed that a boy who can't catch a cold was kicking him out as they would have been training together for nearly two weeks, as I say he wasn't announced until two weeks into the window. Makes Williamson look even more of an idiot than he actually was and I can 100% see why MacG refused to play.

Last edited by Russybcool on Tue May 14, 2024 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 11:40 am 

Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
CleanDon wrote:

Makes it even more hilarious then as I assume that MacG would have been pissed that a boy who can't catch a cold was kicking him out and as I say he wasn't announced for two weeks into the window so if he arrived say 3rd Jan and he had two weeks to train before our next game didn't Williamson see how bad he was in training. Or didn't he give a shit?

He arrived 8 Jan to train in the build up to Tranmere, there was an issue with the paperwork on Villa's side meaning he couldn't play, Craig Mc at this stage had all but sorted a move and didn't want to play. Rightly or wrongly.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 11:41 am 

CleanDon wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
CleanDon wrote:

Makes it even more hilarious then as I assume that MacG would have been pissed that a boy who can't catch a cold was kicking him out and as I say he wasn't announced for two weeks into the window so if he arrived say 3rd Jan and he had two weeks to train before our next game didn't Williamson see how bad he was in training. Or didn't he give a shit?

He arrived 8 Jan to train in the build up to Tranmere, there was an issue with the paperwork on Villa's side meaning he couldn't play, Craig Mc at this stage had all but sorted a move and didn't want to play. Rightly or wrongly.

Rightly imo.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next