It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 11:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Williamson
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 10:28 am 

Heavy favourite for Barnsley.

How funny. :lol:

Post subject: Re: Williamson
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 10:49 am 

If he's going to go, then now is the best time for him to go. Gives us chance to get a replacement in nice and early ready for a big rebuild this summer. Last thing we need is another Russell Martin situation where he builds a squad over the summer and leaves us at the last minute.

I'm not too confident it'd go well for him at Barnsley, mind.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 11:05 am 

Got to feel a month ago you'd be gutted about this, but that feeling isn't so strong now.

I'd want him to stay, but his bizarre decision making (reinstating Marschall for Notts and Crawley, persisting with Wearne at LWB twice), as well as our severe inability to keep a clean sheet and awful away results eases the pain considerably.

Get it done early so we have time to replace before pre-season starts.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 11:11 am 

Can you imagine the Barnsley fans watching us in the playoffs thinking we are getting HIM. :o Hopefully they will think he's the Crawley manager.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 11:14 am 

You can tell from the first video interview that Wliiamson, Manning etc are there for a 1 or 2 year period.
The language and phrases they use, the lack of interest in the past / 'history' or connection with fans.

It's a job and the next one is always on the horizon. Why bother investing energy in anything other than learning on the job for the next one?

Only Mark Jackson and Robbo have acted any differently.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 11:27 am 

Hopefully the next manager can do what Manning, Jackson, Alexander and Williamson failed to do. Get Jack Tucker looking like a professional footballer.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 11:29 am 

midfielder wrote:
You can tell from the first video interview that Wliiamson, Manning etc are there for a 1 or 2 year period.
The language and phrases they use, the lack of interest in the past / 'history' or connection with fans.

It's a job and the next one is always on the horizon. Why bother investing energy in anything other than learning on the job for the next one?

Only Mark Jackson and Robbo have acted any differently.

Tisdale literally said he'd made contingency plans in case we got relegated to the national League, he knows he'd probably have been sacked but he planned for every eventuality and you can only go by his word.
He'd have loved to have been here for a long time

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 11:29 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Hopefully the next manager can do what Manning, Jackson, Alexander and Williamson failed to do. Get Jack Tucker looking like a professional footballer.

Think you made a typo. Should say "get Jack Tucker out the door"

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 11:31 am 

I know this may sound a bit tin foil hat, but since Williamson has been linked with Barnsley (both by journalists and bookies) for a couple of weeks, I wonder whether that has affected things a little. We all know conversations and agreements take place well before us fans are made aware (eg. Russ Martin), so could it be the case that Barnsley have perhaps put the feelers out to MW's agents already? The players would be aware of this, so the combination of that uncertainty with about half of the squad know they'll leave this summer, it wouldn't be unreasonable to suggest that if there's some truth to the Barnsley rumours then no wonder there seemed a general lack of giving a shit by all involved at the club over the play off period.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am 

Gravel Path to Martti wrote:
I know this may sound a bit tin foil hat, but since Williamson has been linked with Barnsley (both by journalists and bookies) for a couple of weeks, I wonder whether that has affected things a little. We all know conversations and agreements take place well before us fans are made aware (eg. Russ Martin), so could it be the case that Barnsley have perhaps put the feelers out to MW's agents already? The players would be aware of this, so the combination of that uncertainty with about half of the squad know they'll leave this summer, it wouldn't be unreasonable to suggest that if there's some truth to the Barnsley rumours then no wonder there seemed a general lack of giving a shit by all involved at the club over the play off period.

If that was the case they are bigger ladybits than I actually gave them credit for. There is zero reason to flop as hard as they did against Crawley. Is professionalism not a word in their vocabulary?