THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 4:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: My Thoughts
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 9:24 pm 

WhiteRussian wrote:
Just a point - A couple of years ago we were above Ipswich in league 1. They (the fans) had been howling how their last owner (Marcus Evans) ran them into the ground. They were taken ove rby some conglomerate, backed, and look at where they are now, Premiership. At that time Liam Manning had nore cudos than Kieran McKenna.

We are never going to get the investment with Pete, end of, and he will never sell as it won't suit his music empire. He bought the bowl to turn it into a training ground. He's already got mor acts lined up than the last 5 years before he got his paws on it.

Fanbase of 28,000 plus, a ground with relatively few overheads, plus (don't laugh!) the Ed Sheeran effect?

Ipswich were a sleeping giant in relative terms, and well done to them. We are as good as unbuyable.

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 9:29 pm 

This past year, me and a group of friends have spent every pre match in a pub and made our way to the ground at the latest opportunity. The service, the welcome and the atmosphere we get there from the staff is lovely, and we look forward to that more than the game.

The fan experience is absolutely fucking atrocious. Like, honestly God awful. I mean it when I say I've not seen less at any foorball ground down the country in any ground I've been to. That includes the likes of Forest Green and Salford, who are similarly laughed at to us for different sorts of reasons.

Turn up, watch a game of football and go. That's what they want. Nothing more, nothing less. The bars we drink in are about as charasmatic as a police cell, and I've been in two of those. They don't want us common folk having a nice time unless it's facing the field. You'll get a nice kitted out afternoon in your plush seats mind, and even the lesser plush seats of Club Red have had their little bits taken away. They do get a carpet for their money, mind.

The club shop is God awful, the stadium is a simple generic "build your stadium" type venue you'd get on a video game, no character - nothing. Slap the name on the seats and a logo here or there, here's a ground... But the seats are nice.
The bars are a joke, the layout is a joke, the parking is a joke and the team is a joke.

What is worse, is nobody at the club seem to think it is a joke. Winkelbot especially appears to believe that we're asking for too much and that we are a joke. The fucking joke is on him, but we have to take the flack. They take pictures of the fan led campaigns and use them in their promo pictures, videos and Tweets etc and never acknowledge the DSA or DA. THEY NEVER try and help, not since Ben Callum and Ant anyway. The only nice interactions I've had is with the club directly is Oona and her staff in the ticket office.
The rest are a shambles. And this next fans forum where we've all got to listen to 10 minute tangents from Winkelbot who'll seem amazed we are pissed off and don't respect him will be a laugh. He seemed genuinely bemused in September when he got challenged for an hour and a half. Hang on tightly buddy, because it ain't getting easier.

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 9:34 pm 

PW's deliberate tone deafness is astounding. He's like Ceaucescu near the end.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 9:39 pm 

Gers said something earlier about having to tell the young barman how to pull a pint which reminds me about the day Lewington’s opened ……I got in before the fans, and the bar manager asked those agency staff behind the bar if anyone knew the difference between bitter and lager …..blank faces……ok the manager said …..how many of you have ever poured a pint…….you guessed…..none of them…..5 minutes later 700 people started walking in……..the next home game…….new staff…..same scenario.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 9:41 pm 

WellDon wrote:
Gers said something earlier about having to tell the young barman how to pull a pint which reminds me about the day Lewington’s opened ……I got in before the fans, and the bar manager asked those agency staff behind the bar if anyone knew the difference between bitter and lager …..blank faces……ok the manager said …..how many of you have ever poured a pint…….you guessed…..none of them…..5 minutes later 700 people started walking in……..the next home game…….new staff…..same scenario.

I'm not defending the club here but last time we went to QPR, the service was so bad I poured the pint myself. It isn't just us that relies on agency dossers.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 9:44 pm 

Another one…….i challenged Pete one day about the price of the beer, and it was of appalling quality, stale beer through dirty pipes…..he said what do you expect, it’s a football ground.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 9:46 pm 

WellDon wrote:
Another one…….i challenged Pete one day about the price of the beer, and it was of appalling quality, stale beer through dirty pipes…..he said what do you expect, it’s a football ground.

:lol: :lol: what an absolutely hilariously delusional man. Hasn't got a fucking scooby doo.

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 8:16 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Why the fuck did i bother editing for brevity, you bloody sausage :lol:

I thought it was funny :D

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 8:46 am 

WellDon wrote:

That HAS to be a lie - surely our Chairman never ever said that

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 8:52 am 

CleanDon wrote:
WellDon wrote:

That HAS to be a lie - surely our Chairman never ever said that

I can tell u it is not a lie and said in front of many witnesses.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next