THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 11:25 am 

A ghastly experience. Winkelman ought to be ashamed.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 11:33 am 

I was sat in the block just next to that netted area, so saw it all unfold and the complete lack of any urgency to get it resolved. What an embarrassment. I still dont understand why that section was netted in the first place, as the block next to it (9A?) was clearly open. The powers that be at this club quite literally couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 11:36 am 

Who is in charge of all of this?

The queue for gate 5 went beyond the arena and the only reason it went reasonably quickly is because the turnstiles were opened and no one checking tickets. That is surely a massive breach of health and safety?

You didn’t even need to have bought a ticket last night. Just rock up and walk in. Pete worried about the cost of a pitch invasion but if the EFL find out we just opened the doors, we could be in big trouble.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 11:43 am 

East Wing Don wrote:

The queue for gate 5 went beyond the arena and the only reason it went reasonably quickly is because the turnstiles were opened and no one checking tickets. That is surely a massive breach of health and safety?

You didn’t even need to have bought a ticket last night. Just rock up and walk in. Pete worried about the cost of a pitch invasion but if the EFL find out we just opened the doors, we could be in big trouble.

Well let's hope the efl don't read this forum then csuse you just told anyone who reads this

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 11:54 am 

The whole thing was laughable.

They shut a stand that is always open and opened sections that never are. Why did no one think - aren’t there a load of seats up there covered in netting ? Maybe that might be an issue given we have sold a load of tickets for those seats. Instead it was like the world’s biggest surprise - there is netting on the seats? Even then it needed someone with something to cut the cable ties to just come and sort it - a 2 minute job . Instead poor stewards who had no clue what to do were waiting for a supervisor who rocked up half an hour later and looked just as shocked.

It was nevertheless quite interesting to see the various tactics of conquering the netting. One family tried to step in the nets, taking big high strides as they went - a poor tactic . Some kind of crab walked across the seat backs with their bums scraping the netting below as they went. By far the best was the SAS commando technique, albeit you got a load of 15 year old pigeon shit on your lovely white shirt as you snaked along the concrete.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 12:03 pm 

Why is this club so determined to put people off? :lol:

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 12:30 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:

John Cove

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 12:51 pm 

[quote="East Wing Don"]Who is in charge of all of this?

You didn’t even need to have bought a ticket last night. Just rock up and walk in. Pete worried about the cost of a pitch invasion but if the EFL find out we just opened the doors, we could be in big trouble.[/quote

Not the first time either.
Allegedly.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 3:43 pm 

Sorry for ignorance - who is John Cove and where has he come from?

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 3:51 pm 

There are always queues for gate 5, and got to the game early knowing it was going to be a shit show. Definitely not the first time they’ve just let anyone in to avoid the queues, but knowing how slow it normally is getting in, I’m glad they did it. Am I right in thinking that everyone in the East stand goes through gate 5, and nobody goes in through the Marco Pierre gate anymore? If so they really need to relieve some of the pressure from gate 5.

I thought the cowshed with both tiers opened looked really good, but let’s be honest we shouldn’t be opening the upper tier at all without selling out the bottom sections. That goes for away fans as well, I think we should keep the netting there that we had for the Mansfield fans, and spread away fans across the upper half of the bottom tier.

I do agree with closing the corners, but can understand I would be pissed off if my season ticket seat that I’ve had since we moved into the ground was no longer available, so think we just have to live with the corners being open.

Think DonsAction deserve a lot of credit for the work they put in promoting the game and getting everyone in white shirts. One of the few positives in the past couple years with our club has been making the atmosphere better at games!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next