THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Winkelman
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 9:35 pm 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
He should sell 50% to someone who knows about and who can run the football side. Provided funds are still made available and /or the debt is written off

There is never any speculation about buyers though that tells us all we need to know, we can want him to sell, he can want to sell but it ain't happening unless someone wants to buy it.

Sell us on gumtree. It's worked for me when I want to sell some used tat

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 9:38 pm 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
He should sell 50% to someone who knows about and who can run the football side. Provided funds are still made available and /or the debt is written off

There is never any speculation about buyers though that tells us all we need to know, we can want him to sell, he can want to sell but it ain't happening unless someone wants to buy it.

We have gone backwards while other clubs have found new backers and g9ne forwards. Of course they need to be legit, however we must be a decent prospect and clearly Winkelman needs help running the club.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 9:40 pm 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

Look a Wycombe's new owners (or should I say, new, new owners). They just came out of nowhere. There are always buyers if the club is genuinely up for sale. I know Pete has said he wants to sell to the "right buyer" in the past, but I suspect his motives are more financially based as opposed to him looking out for the future of the club.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 9:44 pm 

Locutus wrote:
Please, please please just fuck off. I can't fucking stand the thought of you anywhere near this club any more. The fans don't trust a word you say any more. Just admit you've failed, and fuck off.

And get you hair cut while you're at it, you fucking bellend. Absolute conman. Any other fanbase would have driven you out already.

I get the sentiment, I really do, but no one can argue on paper this squad should not have done better. Both managers have been backed.

Most people agreed a manager of GA's ilk was the way to go after last season, thats what he did, we wanted a change and a different style and he did it.

He is responsible for us being in this league but he is not responsible for tonight.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 9:53 pm 

JtL264 wrote:
Locutus wrote:
Please, please please just fuck off. I can't fucking stand the thought of you anywhere near this club any more. The fans don't trust a word you say any more. Just admit you've failed, and fuck off.

And get you hair cut while you're at it, you fucking bellend. Absolute conman. Any other fanbase would have driven you out already.

I get the sentiment, I really do, but no one can argue on paper this squad should not have done better. Both managers have been backed.

Most people agreed a manager of GA's ilk was the way to go after last season, thats what he did, we wanted a change and a different style and he did it.

He is responsible for us being in this league but he is not responsible for tonight.

Nope he isn't but that's only cause he absolved himself nby letting sweeting and the manager do it. He is the purse holder and nothing else but the purse is getting lighter and lighter each year

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 9:54 pm 

Aren’t we supposed to be in the Premier League by now? :roll:

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 9:55 pm 

JtL264 wrote:
Locutus wrote:

It's not about backing anyone, it's the stench he leaves around the halls of the club. Every on and off field decision he's made in the last 10 years has been utterly baffling, and he's killing whatever soul this club has.

We've only been going 20 years, and we were far, far, better off 10 years ago, both on and off field.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 10:00 pm 

Locutus wrote:
JtL264 wrote:
Locutus wrote:

It's not about backing anyone, it's the stench he leaves around the halls of the club. Every on and off field decision he's made in the last 10 years has been utterly baffling, and he's killing whatever soul this club has.

We've only been going 20 years, and we were far, far, better off 10 years ago, both on and off field.

The club’s culture sucks. GA was a poor and stubborn manager who got things wrong on the field but he is just about the only manager who ever challenged the total bullshit within the club. He was dead right about the smoke blown up the club’s arse by the client media and the self entitlement the higher ups have.

The club’s culture is set by Winkie and his management team. It’s still got such a tinpot mentality. Crawley have something like half a dozen full time staff yet don’t suffer from the malaise we do.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 10:03 pm 

Scribble wrote:
Aren’t we supposed to be in the Premier League by now? :roll:

I said that the other day and I was slapped on the bottom for even calling him out on what he said 20 years ago. The man is and always has been a walking sound bite and bullshitter. That's probably how he signs off his emails. He brought football to a city that really never asked for it. He has grown stale as the bread crumbs in my toaster I can't begin to say how much I lothe the man tbh. He will probably not be seen now till August to tell us how positive he is for the season ahead and how we will be the greatest.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 10:10 pm 

StevieW wrote:
HarpenDon wrote:
You know these clubs that get run into the ground by having a shit owner - Bury, Reading, Wigan.

We’ve got one of them too. Nothing gets better until he is gone.

Best post this evening; take Cove and his embarrassing entourage with you.

All hold Pete’s pocket and agree with anything he says. No one on our board has an ounce of football experience.