THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 8:10 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 8:58 pm 

I do t want to give Mike the tools. He can’t be trusted, clearly. Tactically all over the place, and picking that keeper? What the fuck was he thinking. Mike is a Ladybit.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 9:00 pm 

Ormeau wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
I don’t want him to go. I think he is the right fit. But the squad needs a serious overhaul.

I wanted to believe this. I want to believe this but I just don't anymore. Not just because of the play offs but the lack of identity we've shown in the final few months of the season. I absolutely loved what he brought to us in November/December last year. We looked confident, composed, Payne and Tomlinson were world beaters. But the more influence he had on the squad post January, the worse I think we actually looked.

When Russ did similar I understood the decisions we was making, when it didn't work on the pitch I could see what he was attempted. With Williamson I just can't. How we've gone from a midfield that controlled the game to barely even being noticeable on the pitch is mad.

Other than him being young and probably a nice guy, I can't see how else he fits

I think we are all being a little bit reactionary (understandable so). I think the players have let him down. The form of Tomlinson, Payne, Wearne, Harvie and so many more feel off a cliff. Despite this we still made the playoffs. We need to cull the weak mentality in this squad once and for all. Give Mike the tools and he can make it work.

Mike has had the tools. This is on paper a very good squad. The fact that all the form has dropped off so rapidly is a huge concern and lies with the manager. This is multiple players we are talking about and a back line so inept it would ship goals in the National League.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 9:04 pm 

Ormeau wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
I don’t want him to go. I think he is the right fit. But the squad needs a serious overhaul.

I wanted to believe this. I want to believe this but I just don't anymore. Not just because of the play offs but the lack of identity we've shown in the final few months of the season. I absolutely loved what he brought to us in November/December last year. We looked confident, composed, Payne and Tomlinson were world beaters. But the more influence he had on the squad post January, the worse I think we actually looked.

When Russ did similar I understood the decisions we was making, when it didn't work on the pitch I could see what he was attempted. With Williamson I just can't. How we've gone from a midfield that controlled the game to barely even being noticeable on the pitch is mad.

Other than him being young and probably a nice guy, I can't see how else he fits

I think we are all being a little bit reactionary (understandable so). I think the players have let him down. The form of Tomlinson, Payne, Wearne, Harvie and so many more feel off a cliff. Despite this we still made the playoffs. We need to cull the weak mentality in this squad once and for all. Give Mike the tools and he can make it work.

Oh definitely. Mike may be able to make it work, but it will be a massive test of character. Trying to recover from this set back will be a huge task, so freshening things up and going in a new direction early may be the best thing. My concern is fans are starting to turn and question a lot of his decisions. If we are not in the top 3 by October I think the mood and attendances will be an all time low.

I want to believe in him, I loved what I saw at the end of 2023. But I worry about what he is actual about and what he can truly bring

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 9:06 pm 

I’m firmly pro MW being the man in charge next year. I’m drunk but I’m sticking by him.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 9:13 pm 

The fact is if MW had started the season with us we more than likely would've got automatic promotion.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 9:14 pm 

Don't forget about that 'goal' against Wrexham.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 9:16 pm 

If he was fired, it’s likely we’d appoint a “safe pair of hands” akin to Graham Alexander, let’s not go down that route again

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 9:16 pm 

Ormeau wrote:
I’m firmly pro MW being the man in charge next year. I’m drunk but I’m sticking by him.

I'm still pro MW and I like the brand of football but he needs to stop with this stubbornness. We need a proper GK next season, some defenders that can stop goals going in our net and to be better tactically against the big clubs.
Big transfer window for us again this summer. There are plenty of players who'll play the style we want but I don't just want his mates from Gateshead to join. They are in the NL for a reason.

At least most of the moneybag clubs aren't in the league next season. I'd still expect us, Doncaster and Gillingham to be able to bring better players in and be up there. I think we'll go up, although it won't feel like that to most right now.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 9:17 pm 

RedOnRed wrote:
The fact is if MW had started the season with us we more than likely would've got automatic promotion.

We would we though? Severe inability to win big games. We’d still have finished 4th and still have bottled the play offs

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 9:18 pm 

Keep him. Sack those around him and let him do his own recruitment.

Do one Pete.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next