THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 10:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 436 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 44  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:39 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
donmentor wrote:
Where is this information coming from ? I've not seen any mention anywhere.

Did you not think to check the club website?

Yes, it is not in the ticket section or the coming games section. At least not when I looked this afternoon. Is it there now ?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:46 pm 

donmentor wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
donmentor wrote:
Where is this information coming from ? I've not seen any mention anywhere.

Did you not think to check the club website?

Yes, it is not in the ticket section or the coming games section. At least not when I looked this afternoon. Is it there now ?

It's the massive promotion on the home page.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:00 pm 

I wanted to move to the cowshed for this anyway so no issue on a personal level. However, I can see why people would be pissed off if they can't sit with friends in their current seats.
I can also see what the club is trying to do to help with the atmosphere. Packing us in is likely to make it louder imo. If that gets us over the line then it will be worth it for the single game of inconvenience.
Everyone can sit where they want at Wembley

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:33 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
If I'd sat in the same seat with the same people for many years, and already put up with all the other crap from the club in recent years, I'd be mightily hacked off by this.

Loyal fans getting told to sit somewhere they don't want to for the biggest game of the season, just to save a bit of stewarding costs, make the ground look ever so slightly less empty on telly, and (IMO at least) as part of the club's childish power play against DA.

It's not just about the decision itself, it's more about the total lack of respect for supporters being demonstrated by the club. Again.

there's barely any stewards that side of the stadium now anyway , was watching a bit of an odd looking guy wandering round there from where I was and noticed there may have been one steward on the whole of the concourse there where they used to be 4/5

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:48 pm 

10 main blocks are open.

730 seats per block (I think). So there are just 7,300 home tickets available, for a play off semi-final?

Now, I know that they can open more blocks, but from my experience of when they did this in the cup games, they waited for almost every seat to be gone before doing so. What that meant, is only seats right at the front were left and people just didn’t bother.

It’s incredibly frustrating to have to sit in a seat you don’t particularly enjoy (too low down as an example) when ahead of you are thousands of empty seats.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:55 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
10 main blocks are open.

730 seats per block (I think). So there are just 7,300 home tickets available, for a play off semi-final?

Now, I know that they can open more blocks, but from my experience of when they did this in the cup game, they waited for almost every seat to be gone before doing so. What that meant, is only seats right at the front were left and people just didn’t bother.

Was trying to do the maths for this earlier. In the Wycombe playoff game we had about 15k and I seem to remember the Cowshed and East Stand being pretty full AND a decent number in the West Stand, although we obviously didn't open the upper tier that day. I imagine they'll actually end up opening more than we're initially thinking. Pete said in his video that he'll open the upper tier on the Cowshed if necessary, do we think he'll do the same on the East Stand too? Or just open up more of the lower tier?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:57 pm 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
10 main blocks are open.

Now, I know that they can open more blocks, but from my experience of when they did this in the cup game, they waited for almost every seat to be gone before doing so. What that meant, is only seats right at the front were left and people just didn’t bother.

Was trying to do the maths for this earlier. In the Wycombe playoff game we had about 15k and I seem to remember the Cowshed and East Stand being pretty full AND a decent number in the West Stand, although we obviously didn't open the upper tier that day. I imagine they'll actually end up opening more than we're initially thinking. Pete said in his video that he'll open the upper tier on the Cowshed if necessary, do we think he'll do the same on the East Stand too? Or just open up more of the lower tier?

So looks like 2 upper tier blocks in the Cowshed are open.

1,000% he’ll just open more upper tier blocks. West Stand will remain fully closed.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:17 pm 

It’s like someone comes up with an idea which, in absolute isolation sounds good, and everyone says “ooh, that’s brilliant” instead of applying a bit of thought to it to see if it actually is a good idea.

The “good” bit is obviously to bunch supporters together to make a bit more noise. There’s more of an atmosphere, looks better on tv, etc.

The reality is you’re moving sections of the ground (family corner for example):

Who may not be singers
Who may be uncomfortable in those areas and be even quieter than usual
Who may be uncomfortable in those areas and decide not to go
Who may “dissolve” the singing by separating groups of singers

It won’t look better on TV as there will be large areas totally empty seen by the cameras as they pan around, rather than a good scattering of supporters. Put everyone in the lower tier as usual a the cameras won’t be pointing at the upper tier much either.

So on balance it might not be such a good idea after all, so have a bit of a rethink.

If I can’t book my seat I won’t go, some of the people sitting around me have said the same, all because of the reasons I’ve listed above. We’ll just watch it in the pub instead, so the club lose out both in money and in any contribution to the atmosphere/noise we would have made (however small).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:27 pm 

Lots of people on here and other places have been moaning that the club do nothing to try and improve the atmosphere at games. Plenty have also called for the corners to be shut.

Now the club does try something different, people complain about it.

People also say that they can't sit with their mates. You can buy 9 tickets each. I doubt there are many here that come in groups bigger than that.

Having said that, I do think it's a poor decision and our biggest game of the season is not the time to risk p!ssing off a lot of our crowd base.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:37 pm 

Sting wrote:
Lots of people on here and other places have been moaning that the club do nothing to try and improve the atmosphere at games. Plenty have also called for the corners to be shut.

Now the club does try something different, people complain about it.

People also say that they can't sit with their mates. You can buy 9 tickets each. I doubt there are many here that come in groups bigger than that.

Having said that, I do think it's a poor decision and our biggest game of the season is not the time to risk p!ssing off a lot of our crowd base.

Build an atmosphere by promoting the game and creating excitement, not by shutting half the ground.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 436 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 44  Next