THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dele
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:41 am 

I'd love to see him join someone like Brentford, Bournemouth or dare I say it Luton ( I know I know). I just think he could genuinely do well at a club like that were the expectation is a little lower. Plus each of the managers at those clubs are known for being good man motivators and helping get the best out of players.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:29 am 

Ormeau wrote:
I'd love to see him join someone like Brentford, Bournemouth or dare I say it Luton ( I know I know). I just think he could genuinely do well at a club like that were the expectation is a little lower. Plus each of the managers at those clubs are known for being good man motivators and helping get the best out of players.

I think somewhere like Brentford or Bournemouth would be ideal, but I still can't see him going there directly. A stint in the Championship at a mid table, no-pressure club like Bristol City on a one year contract might help. A year to show he's mentally and physically resilient, and to show he hasn't lost his touch, would do him a power of good.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:43 am 

He needs to do an Alan Smith and go to a lower league club. Someone like MK Dons. I hear they're good at motivating players. 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:56 am 

He doesn't get close to Bremtford, Luton or Bournemputh's starting XI's. You'd be struggling to fit him into Leicester, Southampton, Leeds, or Ipswich's... you'd hipe maybe one of the relegated sides might find a spot once they have a bit of a clear out but a top 10 Championship, playoff chasing side next season may well do the trick

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:08 am 

I was surprised to hear him talking about England. He's not even playing at the moment. If we're being honest here, he'll never play for England again. And like others have said, The Championship looks his better bet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:10 am 

Gers wrote:
I was surprised to hear him talking about England. He's not even playing at the moment. If we're being honest here, he'll never play for England again. And like others have said, The Championship looks his better bet.

Scotland. That's his future. Not Old Firm. One of the teams with silly names, like Queen of the South.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:16 am 

He needs a team where the fans won't set his pulse running. A stadium without any atmosphere. If only I could think of one.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:19 am 

Gers wrote:

I wasn't. He mentioned his arrogance being a key reason for his successes. He always knew he was going to be a pro footballer and saw himself as the best player in the team.

That arrogance is what makes a professional footballer in my opinion. If you don't have that high level of self belief, you're unlikely to ever make it.

I don't think it's realistic to be talking about playing for England. It would be the come back of all come backs, but I am pleased that he hasn't lost that self belief. I really hope he can fix his injury and personal life issues and resume playing football at a reasonable level.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:34 am 

For those who missed last night's interview:

https://youtu.be/SZTU3C8jbnA?si=uNkh6zQyuymqV_MW

A shame they've blurred the clips of his goals but still well worth your time.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:35 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Gers wrote:

Scotland. That's his future. Not Old Firm. One of the teams with silly names, like Queen of the South.

Or Patrick Thistle.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next