PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:42 pm 

WellDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
WellDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
WellDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
WellDon wrote:
If the overuse of terms isn’t enough to piss you off, such as …
Get back to winning ways
Bounce back
The men from MK 1

They have now rolled out George Williams saying it’s about time we rewarded the fans for their great support, that is the 5th time he’s said that this season, and each time we have lost the next game.

What do you expect him to say? :?

I don’t expect him to say anything, but to keep rolling out the same sorry sad line is just laughable.
I would rather they said bugger all actually, and actually did reward the fans with this mythical performance, the time for cheap meaningless sound bytes has long gone.

And then people would be complaining that the club isn't communicating. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Not at all.....I have no problem with player interviews, but in the same manner every time ?
It’s not very hard is it.......just like those well used phrases I mentioned.....I’m suprised, they don’t start chucking in a few “you knows” or “know what I mean” or “at the end of the day”...
I’m sure our resident creative editorial expert Dan, must squirm if he can be arsed to read it.

Any ideas? I'm not sure it's as easy as you think.

I’ve been writing for a field sports magazine for 17 years, it’s not easy I grant you, but rolling out the same old phrases is lazy journalism............I may be being unfair, but rolling out George Williams every few weeks saying the same thing is getting a bit stale......perhaps they could use a different player every week rolling out the old lines, that would cover about 25 weeks of the season.

Although George has done a few they have tried to spread it around, but I guess not all the players are comfortable being interviewed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xEclQjQbXI

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:54 pm 

They are professional footballers, that's what they're paid to do. Who cares if they're not very good at being interviewed?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:01 pm 

dons50 wrote:
They are professional footballers, that's what they're paid to do. Who cares if they're not very good at being interviewed?

It would have thought they were paid to play football. I wouldn't force anyone who didn't want to do it, but encourage them to do so.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:55 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
dons50 wrote:

It would have thought they were paid to play football. I wouldn't force anyone who didn't want to do it, but encourage them to do so.

They're not very good at that either.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:02 pm 

Surely we have enough problems without finding some with the player interviews.
Presumably it wouldn't be an issue if he said the same thing each week and we were winning games.
I know and understand. everyone is frustrated by our current position, but threads like this don't really help the situation .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:11 pm 

I think they should get Lewington to do the interviews.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:32 pm 

SOUTHSTANDER wrote:
I think they should get Lewington to do the interviews.

As long as he included a Lewie in every interview.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:51 pm 

WellDon wrote:
Not at all.....I have no problem with player interviews, but in the same manner every time ?
It’s not very hard is it.......just like those well used phrases I mentioned.....I’m suprised, they don’t start chucking in a few “you knows” or “know what I mean” or “at the end of the day”...
I’m sure our resident creative editorial expert Dan, must squirm if he can be arsed to read it.

I absolutely despise the phrase 'the men from MK1'. It comes across as a deliberate shoehorning of 'MK1' into articles to try and subconsciously promote the retail park. And even if it isn't, it just sounds so fucking corporate.

From the writer's point of view, putting shite like this together is a thankless task because there's no room for creativity or doing anything different. The players won't like being pushed outside their nice and simple comfort zone, while a fair proportion of the readers won't have the mental capacity to appreciate any flair in the copy.

"This is Kent Brockman with a special report from the Channel 6 News-Copter! A large bear-like animal - most likely a bear - has wandered down from the hills in search of food or, perhaps, employment! Please remain calm! Stay in your homes!"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:32 pm 

Dan wrote:
WellDon wrote:

I absolutely despise the phrase 'the men from MK1'. It comes across as a deliberate shoehorning of 'MK1' into articles to try and subconsciously promote the retail park. And even if it isn't, it just sounds so fucking corporate.

From the writer's point of view, putting shite like this together is a thankless task because there's no room for creativity or doing anything different. The players won't like being pushed outside their nice and simple comfort zone, while a fair proportion of the readers won't have the mental capacity to appreciate any flair in the copy.

It's supposed to be the post code though, not the retail park. Also, it's nice to hear MK 1 for a change from MK nil.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:44 pm 

I'd like a Graham Lister style Novelty Island turn. With the winner getting to write his own interview.