THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 8:14 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:06 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
In the song title continuation thread recently, Keyser picked Simply Red's 'Holding Back The Years'. That always reminds me of Rodney's wedding in Only Fools & Horses. Particularly poignant for me as that's the episode (followed by the 'Jolly Boys Outing' special) that I stop watching the show each time on repeats so it really feels like a saying goodbye moment.

A similar example is Green Day's 'Time Of Your Life'. I really like the song, and have seen them perform it live twice, but my main association when I hear it now is it's use on one of the last episodes of the wonderful, Seinfeld, as it plays over clips of the 9 series of the show. A great choice, but now makes me even more nostalgic whenever I listen to the song.

I don't mean theme tunes, as that's an obvious association. Just songs that were used for one particular scene in a show / film but that have managed to attach themselves to that moment in your mind.

Anything jaunty in Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul - the more jaunty the nastier the scene!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:40 pm 

A truly obvious one (sorry!). I can't hear "Stuck in the Middle" by Stealers Wheel without thinking of the "ear" scene in Reservoir Dogs.

Others:

The End by The Doors always conjures up the start of Apocalypse Now!
Ace of Spades by Motorhead reminds me of The Young Ones (not the Cliff movie :lol: )
Winter Lady by Leonard Cohen always calls to mind the final scene of McCabe & Mrs Miller

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:09 pm 

Location: .... In SG19 ..... Betting Champion 2019/20 Power of 3 Champion 2017/18 + 2019/20
Whenever I listen to Fool's Gold by The Stone Roses, it makes me think of the end of Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels - perfect re-use of a great song. :D
Every time I hear Bohemian Rhapsody these days though, the headbanging scene in Wayne's World is all I can see in my minds eye, and as for I Got You Babe by Sonny & Cher, all I can think of is Groundhog Day now. :lol:

PW: 'Every year we’re in League 1 is a year too long...'
It's Pete's train set, and you should all feel honoured to be granted the privilege of paying to watch him play with it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:20 pm 

Windows of your Mind - Thomas Crown Affair

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:22 pm 

Killing me Softly - About a Boy.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:31 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Windows of your Mind - Thomas Crown Affair

For sure.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:29 am 

Evidently Chickentown by Dr John Cooper Clarke on The Sopranos obviously.
In an echo of Keyser, You're My Kind of Climate by Rip, Rig + Panic on The Young Ones. I always associate Neneh Cherry with that performance. Even when she achieved mega stardom, I always picture her in that grubby student flat.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:10 am 

Gers wrote:
Evidently Chickentown by Dr John Cooper Clarke on The Sopranos obviously.
In an echo of Keyser, You're My Kind of Climate by Rip, Rig + Panic on The Young Ones. I always associate Neneh Cherry with that performance. Even when she achieved mega stardom, I always picture her in that grubby student flat.

Andi Oliver (Great British Menu et al) was in Rip Rig too (and was on that show)! :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:16 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
A truly obvious one (sorry!). I can't hear "Stuck in the Middle" by Stealers Wheel without thinking of the "ear" scene in Reservoir Dogs.

Others:

Ace of Spades by Motorhead reminds me of The Young Ones (not the Cliff movie :lol: )

Winter Lady by Leonard Cohen always calls to mind the final scene of McCabe & Mrs Miller

I don't F- believe this. :o :o :o :o :o I was just going to post the same on first three! (Don't like Cohen. Never have)
VERY DISTURBING.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:06 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
keyser soze wrote:

Others:

I don't F- believe this. :o :o :o :o :o I was just going to post the same on first three! (Don't like Cohen. Never have)
VERY DISTURBING.

I'm more disturbed by this than you dude. :shock: