THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 9:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: TakeThat@Stadium:MK
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 7:03 pm 

Anyone going ??

Tickets say 17:00 to 21:00, anyone know the rough timetable ?

Lots of conflicting info around..

Post subject: Re: TakeThat@Stadium:MK
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 7:40 pm 

AndyC wrote:
Anyone going ??

Yes, thousands of menopausal women. Enjoy.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 8:25 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
AndyC wrote:
Anyone going ??

We were talking about them today (Take That, not menopausal women). I was saying that Back For Good is a great song. Which it is. We were discussing positive discrimination in the workplace, and as these things tend to do, one thing led to another.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 11:27 pm 

Gers wrote:
We were talking about them today (Take That, not menopausal women). I was saying that Back For Good is a great song. Which it is. We were discussing positive discrimination in the workplace, and as these things tend to do, one thing led to another.

That's very inclusive: two types of sweaty.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 8:17 am 

AndyC wrote:
Anyone going ??

Recently I have had conversations around the price of tickets for big acts like Take That

I can't believe that people pay over £100 for normal tickets to a concert

If we go to see live music it is often new or newish Indie bands or tribute acts (often at MK11)...rarely more than £12

The last 'big' gig I went to was Stereophonics at Wembley Arena and I just felt like everything was designed to screw more money out of the people there as consumers ...not to mention the massive cost of tickets etc....compare that to watching a fantastic new band like Corella live in an intimate venue ....the latter costs a sixth the price for a lot more enjoyment (for me)

This also links into my own efforts to keep listening to new music / bands.

Spotify makes it so easy to do this. If we find a local gig to go to it's easy to send a few weeks getting into the bands music before you go

I have friends who still listen to the same crap 40 years after it was released....one mate just seems to have constantly listened to the Smiths and nothing else ever......I'd be bored to death if I only still listened to the Britpop bands of my younge years

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 9:12 am 

Leighton wrote:
AndyC wrote:
Anyone going ??

Recently I have had conversations around the price of tickets for big acts like Take That

If we go to see live music it is often new or newish Indie bands or tribute acts (often at MK11)...rarely more than £12

The last 'big' gig I went to was Stereophonics at Wembley Arena and I just felt like everything was designed to screw more money out of the people there as consumers ...not to mention the massive cost of tickets etc....compare that to watching a fantastic new band like Corella live in an intimate venue ....the latter costs a sixth the price for a lot more enjoyment (for me)

Spotify makes it so easy to do this. If we find a local gig to go to it's easy to send a few weeks getting into the bands music before you go

I have friends who still listen to the same crap 40 years after it was released....one mate just seems to have constantly listened to the Smiths and nothing else ever......I'd be bored to death if I only still listened to the Britpop bands of my younge years

I don't think I'll ever go to a gig again. I've both played, and been to, hundreds, in fact most probably thousands, of gigs. But i'm not paying £129 for a Nick Cave solo gig. Which was the price when he last toured. I was tempted to go to AC/DC at Wembley, but the tickets were quite simply ludicrous. There are Premier League season tickets that are cheaper than a single night to to the DC. So fuck that.

As for listening to new music. I listen to a vast range of both old and new. For example, and this is just off the top of my head, only this morning I've listened to...

M.I.A
Chicory Tip
Stereolab
The Beatles
Captain Beefheart
The Smiths (sorry)
Personal Trainer
Chaka Khan
Toots And The Maytals
The Velvet Underground
Gorillaz
The Rolling Stones
Bowie
Sleaford Mods
Elvis

More old than new I'll admit, but I love discovering new stuff. Music is the most important thing im my life. I couldn't live without it.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 9:28 am 

Gers wrote:
Leighton wrote:
AndyC wrote:
Anyone going ??

I don't think I'll ever go to a gig again. I've both played, and been to, hundreds, in fact most probably thousands, of gigs. But i'm not paying £129 for a Nick Cave solo gig. Which was the price when he last toured. I was tempted to go to AC/DC at Wembley, but the tickets were quite simply ludicrous. There are Premier League season tickets that are cheaper than a single night to to the DC. So fuck that.

As for listening to new music. I listen to a vast range of both old and new. For example, and this is just off the top of my head, only this morning I've listened to...

M.I.A
Chicory Tip
Stereolab
The Beatles
Captain Beefheart
The Smiths (sorry)
Personal Trainer
Chaka Khan
Toots And The Maytals
The Velvet Underground
Gorillaz
The Rolling Stones
Bowie
Sleaford Mods
Elvis

More old than new I'll admit, but I love discovering new stuff. Music is the most important thing im my life. I couldn't live without it.

I've had The Gorrilaz as a band I'll get around to listening to one day....I'm going to leave Chaka Khan though :lol:

I think streaming means we can all enjoy a bigger range of music types and eras ....it's fantastic ....I really like the way you can ask for a suggestion by the 'People also liked this' functions ...my two latest discoveries through this are War on Drugs and Future Heads - both big US bands I'd hardly heard of but are excellent

I've not played in bands since school (I played bass) but I still strum the guitar to my kids now and again

Interesting you say music is your number one thing ...made me think ...

I'd say sport wins out for me but thinking about it music is probably more important to me than I realize

Once again great to hear someone else who say *uck off to big acts charging a ton plus for gigs ....I could pay I but never ever will

Last edited by Leighton on Sun May 26, 2024 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 9:29 am 

keyser soze wrote:
AndyC wrote:
Anyone going ??

You planning on hanging around outside the stadium as a 'helper'? :lol:

If so go double denim....they'll love it

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 10:45 am 

Leighton wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
AndyC wrote:
Anyone going ??

You planning on hanging around outside the stadium as a 'helper'? :lol:

If so go double denim....they'll love it

Nah, double denim is Camdenite's thaang...

P.S. Chaka Khan is great.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 11:58 am 

Leighton wrote:

I have friends who still listen to the same crap 40 years after it was released....

Yep, me too. :D