THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gigs...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:52 pm 

Like buses, none for ages then two come along at once

First Roger Waters in Birmingham last week - you knew what type of evening it was going to be when one of the messages on the big screens beforehand said "If you’re one of those ‘I love Pink Floyd but I can’t stand Roger’s politics’ people, then you might do well to fuck off to the bar” - which brought the house down before the show had started. Whilst the solo material was enjoyable, feisty and thought provoking, the Floyd material was peerless - a great selection including a straight play through of the second side of Dark Side of the Moon and an emotional tribute to Syd Barrett. Quite amazing to think RW will be 80 in September, what a breathtaking show

Then off to Old Trafford on Saturday for Arctic Monkeys, where the sunny day and huge outfield gave a real festival feel. This was fantastic stuff, the Monkeys were razor sharp from start to finish - thankfully we got the real Alex Turner this time - on this basis I can't wait see their Glastonbury set in a few weeks (from the comfort of the sofa). Also very impressed by the Mysterines in support - great rock and roll - I'll be looking out for them the future

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:17 pm 

2 in the past week or so.

Arctic Monkeys at The Arsenal
I'll be totally honest, I can't remember much about it as I was absolutely bollocksed. Apparently I was alright, just very selfie insistent - it's the last time I start work at 5am and convince myself I'll be able to handle an occasion including travelling and getting back at midnight without eating but whaddya do.
From what I do remember, I had the time of my life. They're one of my favourite bands and I didn't expect to like it too much because they've fallen off a bit imo past few albums and Alex Turner's turned into a obnoxious knob. But fuck me if I didn't go for it and have fun! Great evening!

Muse at The National Bowl
Literally the most spontaneous gig I've ever done. At 3pm I was at work looking forward to getting home and chilling for the evening, by 6 I was inside the Bowl. Wonderful gig btw. T
Royal Blood were worth the entry fee alone, and smashed it. Muse, we're absolutely sensational. I like Muse, always have but have never really been on my to see list. I had been told they're great live so I'm surprised If not booked tickets mo the ago but either way, I couldn't turn down a major event at The Bowl. And fuck me they were unreal. Despite queuing for 1 hour 45 mins for a can of Moretti because the bar had ONE card reader to cater for 75k people, it was worth it all. They put on a great show. And it really does pose the question; are there any real guitar bands nowadays that can create a unique enough sound on the level of bands from 20 years ago minimum?? Not many spring to mind.
Superb show. At a criminally underused venue

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:05 pm 
Alby39 wrote:
2 in the past week or so.

Arctic Monkeys at The Arsenal
I'll be totally honest, I can't remember much about it as I was absolutely bollocksed. Apparently I was alright, just very selfie insistent - it's the last time I start work at 5am and convince myself I'll be able to handle an occasion including travelling and getting back at midnight without eating but whaddya do.
From what I do remember, I had the time of my life. They're one of my favourite bands and I didn't expect to like it too much because they've fallen off a bit imo past few albums and Alex Turner's turned into a obnoxious knob. But fuck me if I didn't go for it and have fun! Great evening!

Muse at The National Bowl
Literally the most spontaneous gig I've ever done. At 3pm I was at work looking forward to getting home and chilling for the evening, by 6 I was inside the Bowl. Wonderful gig btw. T
Royal Blood were worth the entry fee alone, and smashed it. Muse, we're absolutely sensational. I like Muse, always have but have never really been on my to see list. I had been told they're great live so I'm surprised If not booked tickets mo the ago but either way, I couldn't turn down a major event at The Bowl. And fuck me they were unreal. Despite queuing for 1 hour 45 mins for a can of Moretti because the bar had ONE card reader to cater for 75k people, it was worth it all. They put on a great show. And it really does pose the question; are there any real guitar bands nowadays that can create a unique enough sound on the level of bands from 20 years ago minimum?? Not many spring to mind.
Superb show. At a criminally underused venue

Don’t exaggerate, 60k at tops! ;)

But the rest I don’t dispute. It was a great concert, let down only by the parking problems. Why bother paying for pre-booked if they close it because it’s full? How the hell does that work?!

Pete ‘get he cash in before they see the fiasco’ Winkelman working overtime there!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:57 pm 

Several people I overheard at the gig said excess of 75k were there according to word from security etc.. only going by what they said

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:24 pm 
Alby39 wrote:
Several people I overheard at the gig said excess of 75k were there according to word from security etc.. only going by what they said

50k according to these idiots!

https://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/whats-on ... es-4197751

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:13 pm 

Bl**dy pop groups; blocked all the bally roads down to bletchley.
I shall write to The Times. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:40 am 

A quick mention for the Woburn Sands Festival this weekend

We ambled up last year on the Sunday and enjoyed a number of bands/singers in each of the venues - a great time had by all!

https://www.woburnsandsfestival.org/?ss_source=sscampaigns&ss_campaign_id=64e473264067d623ed7ec160&ss_email_id=64e49768dcc7cc458db08514&ss_campaign_name=The+Woburn+Sands+Festival+is+this+weekend%21&ss_campaign_sent_date=2023-08-22T11%3A09%3A36Z

Two new stages added in Nonna's and the Swan, so even more music and beer to choose from

:D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:42 am 

Off to see La Dispute a week today in Auckland, first time since I saw them at Hevy Fest in 2011 as a 17 year old. Absolute carnage in the tent, maybe one of the most emotive bands and lively crowds I've ever seen. Now I'm seeing them in a converted cinema, very excited.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:54 pm 

Not a gig as such, but I've just been to see my old mate John Niven doing a reading, followed by a Q&A about his latest book O' Brother. Free alcohol, but being as I can't drink at the moment was a bit of a wasted opportunity. Never been to such an event before. Very civilised, and it was good to see him again.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:01 pm 

Fucking love la dispute cornerdon! How was it? Did they play woman (both versions)?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next