THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:51 pm

All times are UTC

Which rumoured candidate would you prefer as manager?
Dan Micciche 23%  23%  [ 12 ]
Simon Grayson 43%  43%  [ 23 ]
Alan Stubbs 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Edu Rubio 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
Mark Warburton 8%  8%  [ 4 ]
Brian McDermott 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Phil Brown 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Other 13%  13%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 53
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:02 am 
:?:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:11 am 

Gone for Grayson, just because as much as people moaned about the football under neilson, if we'd been top and unbeaten or even 10th and in with a shout of the play offs hardly anyone would havbe moaned about the football. If the 'purists' out there like it or not results put bums on seats, pretty football pays BT/SKY subscriptions.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:17 am 

Otterspocket wrote:
Gone for Grayson, just because as much as people moaned about the football under neilson, if we'd been top and unbeaten or even 10th and in with a shout of the play offs hardly anyone would havbe moaned about the football. If the 'purists' out there like it or not results put bums on seats, pretty football pays BT/SKY subscriptions.

Pretty football also enhances our reputation as a club developing technically-capable youngsters, which means greater interest from PL teams and greater sale values

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:31 am 
Otterspocket wrote:

I see your point. You're right, most people would accept the standard of football we played under Neilson, but only if it resulted in success, winning comfortably and being high up the table (I would argue top 6, rather than just top 10 to satisfy most).

But you can't play poor football and be in the bottom end of the table. If Grayson came in and played a similar style, but for whatever reason it worked out and we climbed the table rapidly, then I can't see anyone complaining and would prove it was something else about Neilson's management that affected the team.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:50 am 

I went for Grayson, purely because i think he has the experience to pull us out of trouble. As to whether i would want him long term is open for me. If he was appointed and did well i would be more than happy. For me Dan is a big risk and given the position we are in we can’t really afford to take that risk, imo of course.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:57 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
Otterspocket wrote:

I see your point. You're right, most people would accept the standard of football we played under Neilson, but only if it resulted in success, winning comfortably and being high up the table (I would argue top 6, rather than just top 10 to satisfy most).

But you can't play poor football and be in the bottom end of the table. If Grayson came in and played a similar style, but for whatever reason it worked out and we climbed the table rapidly, then I can't see anyone complaining and would prove it was something else about Neilson's management that affected the team.

Changing the Team, formation and tactics every game wouldn't help! Having a plan B,C and D is fine but we didn't have to use them all in the 1st 30 minutes of a game.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:22 am 

Went Dan M, but wouldn't mind Brian Mc as an 'old hand' choice.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:38 pm 

New poll required now that Grayson has dropped out.