It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:58 am

All times are UTC

Which is our worst ever kit design?
18/19 (gold stripes) 43%  43%  [ 13 ]
22/23 (oil rag) 50%  50%  [ 15 ]
Other (say in your reply) 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 30
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:00 am 
A few of us have said this year's kit is our worst ever design (the "oil rag" as it shall be known). Another shout is the 18/19 gold stripe design from Errea that we wore in L2.

So which is our worst ever kit?

If there's another one you feel is worthy of the title then reply below.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:14 am 

Recency bias will probably push the current one in, like it did when I did a christmas poll on best kits on twitter during lockdown and the most recent kit then won that poll.

I stand by 18/19 being worse though. On this seasons the design just hasn't worked out but at least the main colours work together and the trim is nice, it's just that some people are so fixated on the pattern. The gold on the 18/19 kits was just wrong, the design was ugly and it looked VERY non league.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:19 am 

DippyDon wrote:
Recency bias will probably push the current one in, like it did when I did a christmas poll on best kits on twitter during lockdown and the most recent kit then won that poll.

I stand by 18/19 being worse though. On this seasons the design just hasn't worked out but at least the main colours work together and the trim is nice, it's just that some people are so fixated on the pattern. The gold on the 18/19 kits was just wrong, the design was ugly and it looked VERY non league.

I'd argue that some people haven't hated on this years as much just because it's a cool new brand in Castore. If Errea made it would be hated even more. For me it's close, 2018/19 is worse though

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:43 am 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
I've gone for this years - and it's got nothing to do with 'recency bias'.
I just can't see any justifications for making a shirt that looks like it's got oil marks or bird droppings (away shirt) all over it. For me, it's akin to the dumb idea of expensive new jeans that are deliberately ripped / bleached.
I hated the 2018/19 shirt because it went too far away from the 'traditional colours / design' that should be a part of our shirts - we don't have stripes, we don't have large amounts of Gold in our colours. But at least, out of context, it looked a fairly decent football top - just wrong design / colours for us. But shoving what looks like oil marks onto a white shirt is just an awful look for any club's shirt, not just us
The really annoying thing is, without those marks, it's a nice kit. But they are such a terrible idea, and spoil it so much, that they turn what could have been one of my favourite of our shirts into my least favourite.

This

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:48 am 
As bertie said, this year's kit would be great without the "oil" marks. The trim, the collar, the colour matched badges/sponsor logo all look really good, but it's absolutely ruined by the smudges which just make it look dirty. It's a shame.

The 18/19 design is bad, but at least it always looked clean whereas this one looks scruffy and worn before the players have even stepped onto the pitch.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:13 am 

I'd say it depends on whether it is home kit or away kit. Home shirt with the gold stripes didn't work and is possibly worse than this seasons kit, although it's a close call. Away kits, gold stripes worked ok where the bird shit kit looks terrible

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:54 am 

The 18/19 shirts by a country mile, the prison bar gold stripes just looked absolutely hideous and is possibly the worst kit ever worn by any team in history.

I actually don’t mind this seasons white shirt, but not keen on the red one

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:17 am 

I have gone with this year's as the worst, although it was close I slightly prefer this year's white altough it would
constantly be in the wash and I can't see me buying one although the kids will undoubtedly want it.

Think the 2018-19 design was bearable in black and red whereas this year's looks bad in all the colours.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:26 am 

The one that had the red cross design was stinking and the worst IMO. I literally couldn't wear it....Although I will confess that is partly because it looked so much like an England flag and wearing it around certain areas of Belfast would be a bad idea. :lol:

Still bought it tho :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:33 am 

Ormeau wrote:
The one that had the red cross design was stinking and the worst IMO. I literally couldn't wear it....Although I will confess that is partly because it looked so much like an England flag and wearing it around certain areas of Belfast would be a bad idea. :lol:

Still bought it tho :oops:

This is interesting, because on the same Twitter poll I mentioned elsewhere about our best kits of the 2010’s that was the runner up.