THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:03 pm

All times are UTC

Do you think Matt will play in the English Premier League?
Poll ended at Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:10 pm
Yes he will transfer in Summer 2022 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Yes he will transfer in Jan 23 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
Yes he will transfer in 23/24 season 73%  73%  [ 11 ]
Yes but not for a few years 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
No he will never play at that level 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 15
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:10 pm 

So Matt scored his first goal for Celtic meaning he has played five, won five with two assists, a goal and a while heap of praise, so it got me thinking how quickly is his star on the rise? Obviously we saw with Dele how you can rise from League One to the top of football but is Matt in a similar path?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:27 pm 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
So Matt scored his first goal for Celtic meaning he has played five, won five with two assists, a goal and a while heap of praise, so it got me thinking how quickly is his star on the rise? Obviously we saw with Dele how you can rise from League One to the top of football but is Matt in a similar path?

I think we probably all agree Matt will play in the Premier league at some point. For me I think a move in the next year and a half is unlikely simply because if Celtic win the league (which I think they will sorry Gers) they will have the draw of Champions League football (and more money should they make it) which could help fend off any interest in O'Riley.

However, should he keep this form up then I would not be surprised to see him called up to the Denmark national team before the end of the season! Should he accept the cap and go on to do well then he could potentially put himself in the frame to play in a World Cup just a year after leaving us :shock: That would be some story!

Edit to add: Not saying he is anywhere near ready for this type of move (yet) but as a player in terms of his technical attributes, composure and level headedness he would be perfect for a Pep Guardiola side.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:09 pm 

Option 3 for me. :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:05 pm 

I originally thought Southampton or Brighton in 18 months for 10-15 mill, now I reckon 20 mill+ to City...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:37 pm 

Celtic is a stepping stone, no disrespect to them and I can see the attraction of Champions League football for Matt, but I do see a Premier league club coming in for him in 23/24.

Not sure about City, or game time he’d get there, but I do think he’d be a good fit and a regular at somewhere like Arsenal.

It’s all guesswork really, but I do see him playing in the prem and at international level with Denmark very soon