Poll ended at Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:31 am
England 50%  50%  [ 17 ]
Dons 44%  44%  [ 15 ]
I’m one of our Caledonian Contingent 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 34
 Post subject: Re: England or Dons?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:54 pm 

Gers wrote:
It's not so much that Dan, it just became a bit overwhelming towards the end of the season. I'm fully intending to continue going, but perhaps take it a bit easier. I did far too much last season, and the end of the previous one. Time to take stock of my lot in life.

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:21 pm 

Sooooo we are winning the league then

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:26 am 

Runyak Huntz wrote:
Gers wrote:
I've gone England. I'm not going to bore anyone with my feelings on the Scottish national team. It's easy to find on here if you're interested. But I'm guessing that you're not.

Anyhow. After an incredibly dull start, I'm actually enjoying watching England play now. Unfortunately I'm also enjoying Italy. In actual fact I'm enjoying Italy far more. They're a joy to watch at the minute. And are obviously having the time of their lives. But I genuinely want England to win, if only to piss all the Tartan Army off.

I've spent the last couple of days blocking twats on twitter who've been constantly posting shite about how much they hate England. One in particular. Known to some of us on here. A keen cyclist no less. Even to this day I find is wierd that someone who's lived the majority of their lives in this country can hate it so much.

So if nothing else, I hope England win if it's only to piss Sandy off.

I'm also slightly disillusioned with The Dons at the minute. I always get this way towards the end of the season, but this year it's not passing. Don't really know why if I'm being honest. I've already mentioned that I've tried to reassess my life recently, and so far it's working. I'm enjoying not having Dons in my life these days. So we'll see what happens when the season kicks off. But I'm actually not looking forward to the season restarting.

Just remember, despite his relentless retweeting of anything negative to do with England, pointing out the irony is us bullying him.

It comes across as incredibly bitter, and to be honest, a bit desperate.

Not just from him, someone who's lived the majority of his life here, but other folk I've known all my life. People I consider intelligent, well read, internationalists. The first thing they did on social media last night was to change their profile image to the Italian flag etc'. I know this guy, ex-manager of The Trashcan Sinatras, clever fella'. A poet, published author, works in the media, heavely involved in Scottish politics. Not an idiot. Published a smashing piece online only last week about the diversity within the England team, and how they'd brought England together. Except last night. You can guess what his reaction was.

We've lived here for 34 years. I love it in Stony. We'll never leave hopefully. My maternal family hail from Solihull. I obviously don't consider myself English, but the desperate, small minded rubbish that's all over the internet this morning from north of the border has genuinely pissed me off.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:06 pm 

It's like the Irish with the England national team.
During the league season, they're all supporting Man Yoo and Liverpool but won't support the national team that is made up of exactly the same players they're cheering on every week for the rest of the year.

Very odd behaviour :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:17 pm 

Runyak Huntz wrote:
During the league season, they're all supporting Man Yoo and Liverpool but won't support the national team that is made up of exactly the same players they're cheering on every week for the rest of the year.

Not all the Irish, some are foolish enough to support the franchise!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:30 pm 

Ormeau wrote:
Runyak Huntz wrote:

Not all the Irish, some are foolish enough to support the franchise!

Have you no shame? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:34 pm 

Runyak Huntz wrote:

As a plastic Mick, I totally get that behaviour. I don't agree with it but I understand it. Some English clubs are perceived (across the sea) as Irish leaning. Not exactly Celtic but along that lines.