THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 5:33 pm

All times are UTC

How would you describe your enthusiasm during this BCD season compared to a normal year?
Same (or more) than usual 74%  74%  [ 23 ]
A little bit less than usual 13%  13%  [ 4 ]
Quite a bit less than usual 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Much less than usual 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 31
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 1:06 pm 

I've enjoyed this season immensely. In actual fact it's been a great year for me (pandemic excluded). I've taken stock of my lot in life, and come to the conclusion that I've actually got it pretty good. I'm far more relaxed, almost, but not quite, given up drinking. Spending far more time with my beautiful wife. Started working in Notting Hill, which I'm absolutely loving, and just generally having a ball.

As for the football. I'm with Camden. Some of the stuff we've seen this year has been brilliant. Russ obviously gets MK, the backroom staff are excellent and the players look as if they're enjoyed being here.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 1:14 pm 

Gers wrote:
I've enjoyed this season immensely. In actual fact it's been a great year for me (pandemic excluded). I've taken stock of my lot in life, and come to the conclusion that I've actually got it pretty good. I'm far more relaxed, almost, but not quite, given up drinking. Spending far more time with my beautiful wife. Started working in Notting Hill, which I'm absolutely loving, and just generally having a ball.

As for the football. I'm with Camden. Some of the stuff we've seen this year has been brilliant. Russ obviously gets MK, the backroom staff are excellent and the players look as if they're enjoyed being here.

I’m guessing the beautiful wife is more pleased with her title than, the current Mrs Gers ;)

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 1:31 pm 

Not being able to watch this season in the stadium has been frustrating, watching us play on a screen isn’t the same experience, missed out on us playing with a spring in our step, in a style not seen for many a year, without experiencing all that with other fans at the game.

Looking forward very much to next season, hopefully in some sort of normality :D

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 2:05 pm 

WellDon wrote:
Gers wrote:

I’m guessing the beautiful wife is more pleased with her title than, the current Mrs Gers ;)

She knows when she's got it easy... ;)

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 5:00 pm 

Location: .... In SG19 ..... APL Champion 2017/18 Betting Champion 2019/20 Power of 3 Champion 2017/18 + 19/20
I'm so missing being able to share the experience of watching live footy together in the stands, and I'm hoping that when we can return to watching the Dons live in person again next season, I'll regain my enthusiasm for football as a whole, because it's the lowest it's been for decades with me, atm.

Nothing to do with the current Dons squad and/or manager, it's that watching footy on TV/onlne is simply nowhere near as good for me.
If I wanted to be an armchair footy fan, I'd be one, and I just can't get excited by watching iFollow, as it's total crap in comparison with being there in person, imho.
Prevented from turning up to watch my local non-league clubs too, I just can't wait to forget the whole 2020/21 season on all levels, and get back to matches again, next season.

Never thought I'd feel this way, however another Covid lockdown coming just after we were starting to get back to enjoy watching a few live games at Stadium MK again, sapped away all the remaining enthusiasm for footy from me (for now), and I believe it's only watching it live again in person (especially at awaydays) that will restore it for me.

21/22 26 11 _9 89 LM 3rd

05/06 12 14 20 50 DW 22nd R
22/23 11 12 23 45 lm/MJ 21st R
17/18 11 12 23 45 rn/DM 23rd R
15/16 _9 12 25 39 KR 23rd R

LS: A rocky start, that's all it is.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 5:27 pm 

SG19 Cowshed Das Boot wrote:
I'm so missing being able to share the experience of watching live footy together in the stands, and I'm hoping that when we can return to watching the Dons live in person again next season, I'll regain my enthusiasm for football as a whole, because it's the lowest it's been for decades with me, atm.

I was worried I would feel the same, but I think my boredom without any other social activities has got me watching more games, listening to football podcasts and reading more player/manager interviews than I have ever done. Almost a level of desperation to feel connected to and engaged with football, even though for years I have said fuck Sky go watch your local team, has managed to maintain my enthusiasm levels

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 5:59 pm 

It's strange. The football, the feeling, the engagement, the togetherness etc is as good as I've ever seen it at Dons.

I have had a few moments this season where its taken a bit of effort to be arsed to watch it because other things have been on. Like, going to the match and the stuff that comes with it aren't there. So now it's quite literally about absorbing the football - and had we had to watch a Neilson, Tisdale type setup it could've been insufferable at times. I think we've been incredibly lucky as fans that our football has been entertainment by definition. It's been a pleasure to watch. And I've been behind it from minute one and it sso nice to see it unfolding the way I'd hoped throughout the season.

Id prefer to be at the ground, I'm not one of those who'd rather sit at home with a cuppa if the opportunity is there. I'd comfortably take sitting in the ground in January on a Tuesday night in the pissing rain. But whilst we can't do that I've been happy to see our performances this season.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:36 pm 

I prefer to watch live, but I have watched a lot more away games on iFollow than I would have travelled to.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:11 pm 

Like Alby there have been one or two times when I have lacked a bit of enthusiasm for tuning in to iFollow, but I definately feel fully engaged with the club - who I think have been absolutely wonderful throughout all of this

Everything appears to be pulling in the right direction again with a unity and purpose on the playing side, with excitement - and dare I say patience - back in the fanbase. I haven't enjoyed myself as much since the Robbo era, the style and swagger on the pitch is a joy to behold and I have a belief in this current squad, not something I have always been able to say

I'm loving it all at the moment

:D

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 7:16 am 

Watching the first 2/3 games on iFollow was painful, IMO. So I did something about it and now it's absolutely fine, seeing as I'm still there 8-) :lol: