THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 4:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:06 am 

"Max takes the lead on turn one here at Shanghai, which means that the race is effectively finished already"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:16 am 

"This is highly enjoyable"

I'll be honest with you here mate. It's not. I'm sat here watching this more out of a sense of duty, and the fact that we've got Sky Sports. My second cup of coffee hasn't enlivened this.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:55 am 

Leave the bore fest and watch Moto GP

For those with no SKY the ITV highlights are decent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:56 am 

Leighton wrote:

Or the British Tourong Cars Championship, starting on ITV next week. Also on TikTok

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:02 pm 

F1 is dead, utter borefest, I watched the last ten laps and was chuffed to bits I hadn’t watched all of it

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:18 pm 

Scribble wrote:
F1 is dead, utter borefest, I watched the last ten laps and was chuffed to bits I hadn’t watched all of it

The first 30 odd laps were brilliant. Fell away towards the last 10.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:27 am 

Yesterday was one of the more interesting races, which might be a bit of a surprise to anyone watching it who wouldnt normally.

Once you accept that the Max/Redbull combo will disappear into the ether and just focus on the places from second onwards then its can become more interesting. The VSC/Safety car livened things up of course which helps and whilst not a classic, it was better than most of the races have been this season

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:30 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Leighton wrote:

Or the British Tourong Cars Championship, starting on ITV next week. Also on TikTok

BTCC is really starting to struggle. Only around 20 cars on the grid this year, last year was normally 27.

Doesn't help that drivers now have to find the thick end of £750,000 of funding to get themselves into a top car for a season. :shock:

And a lot of the races last year were very processional IMO. Partly because Sutton is such a good driver, but partly because the hybrid system replacing the success ballast hasn't really worked. Hopefully this year will be a bit better as the level of hybrid power boost has been doubled.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:03 am 

Yeah, BTCC has gone wrong somewhere. The ballast system worked perfectly fine but the hybrid system just doesnt work in the format.

Its not like they are manufacturer teams either so it cant really be considered testbed for innovation.

Back in the day when Volvo ran their 850 estate, the most implausible race car ever or when Audi turned up with the quattro A4 was the real heydey of the series when it looked a lot like a run what you brung event.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:50 pm 

Magpie wrote:
Yeah, BTCC has gone wrong somewhere. The ballast system worked perfectly fine but the hybrid system just doesnt work in the format.

Its not like they are manufacturer teams either so it cant really be considered testbed for innovation.

Back in the day when Volvo ran their 850 estate, the most implausible race car ever or when Audi turned up with the quattro A4 was the real heydey of the series when it looked a lot like a run what you brung event.

Just look at it! :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next