THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: PDC Q School
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:21 pm 

Down at the Arena at the moment. I'm disappointed the darts fans on here haven't been watching Mat Caste......The MK Don.

https://www.dartsatlas.com/players/Hh6xR6BhLUTW

Lost in the last 64 today. Technically 3rd round. Last 8 from each day go through to the next stage at the end of the week to earn a tour card.

Post subject: Re: PDC Q School
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:24 pm 

I'll be honest - I follow the PDC tour pretty closely and I've never heard of him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:26 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
I'll be honest - I follow the PDC tour pretty closely and I've never heard of him.

Plays for Bucks by the looks of things. I know he's won a few of the cash comps in MK.

Sherrock into the last 32 today but Part and Painter out again

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:56 pm 

How does the Q school work? is it pays you money and takes your chance free for all or is there a criteria for qualifying.

I know Fallon Sherrock keeps trying and not quite getting through so how many slots does it open to the main events? Just the one? Did Luke Littler get entry to the PDC Championships and subsequently the PL via that route?

Too many questions!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:00 pm 

Magpie wrote:
How does the Q school work? is it pays you money and takes your chance free for all or is there a criteria for qualifying.

I know Fallon Sherrock keeps trying and not quite getting through so how many slots does it open to the main events? Just the one? Did Luke Littler get entry to the PDC Championships and subsequently the PL via that route?

Too many questions!

Save me typing, here's a handy guide!

https://darthelp.com/professional-darts ... ng-school/

Me and you could pay the money and rock up. :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:04 pm 

Magpie wrote:

Too many questions!

There are 128 tour card holders each year: the top 64 in the rankings hold onto theirs, as do (I think) players going into their second year on the tour. The top players in each year's Challenge and Development Tours (the next level down) win them as well. The rest become available through the two Q Schools - one in MK for British Isles players, and the other in Germany for international players.

Luke Littler has actually managed to qualify for a tour card three times over in the last six weeks. :lol: He finished second on the Development Tour for junior players; he won the World Youth Championship (which is also how he qualified for the Worlds); and then his run to the world final means he's now number 31 in the world rankings.

Wrt the Premier League: the top four in the world rankings after the Worlds qualify, and the other spots are decided at the discretion of the PDC and Sky, based on publicity, marketing appeal, etc. Because it isn't open to everyone, the PL doesn't count for the rankings. Neither does the Masters here in a few weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:07 pm 

In regards to Sherrock she is in the last 16 today so one game to win to get through to the next stage.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:14 pm 

Thanks for all the answers and info.

With regards to me rocking up, I could throw £20 notes out of my front window from rural bedfordshire in the general direction of Bletchley and my chances of qualifying would not be diminished even the smallest amount compared to actually turning up there and actually having darts to throw! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:19 pm 

Magpie wrote:
Thanks for all the answers and info.

With regards to me rocking up, I could throw £20 notes out of my front window from rural bedfordshire in the general direction of Bletchley and my chances of qualifying would not be diminished even the smallest amount compared to actually turning up there and actually having darts to throw! :lol:

:lol:

One poor guy, Jamie Foster has lost 5-0 both days with an average of 36. :oops:

£500 to enter and he's paid up to £400 for the honour of staying at Castle Greyskull Winkelman for 4 nights. To then be soundly trounced by county players.

I would hope he only booked 2 nights tbh.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:41 pm 

The tour cards, rankings and Q-School format reads pretty much identical to Snooker so, despite not following Darts, Dan's detailed description felt really familiar. :)