THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:47 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:29 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
Perhaps - although the growth of alternative coverage like the Not the top 20 podcast (very good btw) gives me the impression that EFL content is in demand. You make a valid point about cost/return. I do think that is partly due to the time slots/channels the programme tends to be on.

I guess the type of content in demand - in depth analysis and more extensive highlights - is totally incompatible with 'normal' TV when there are 72 teams to cover.

You can't do analysis and in depth coverage on everything you see - but the BBC had it right under Manish back in the day. They'd give 2/3 sides extended highlights, over the course of the show, then they'd speak about the results that would raise an eyebrow most.
It was quick, it was fast and it had pace. But it was enjoyable and well structured. I have absolutely no idea why we need to spend over half an hour on Plymouth v Huddersfield.

I do love though, that when x team wins like 5-0 away at a club they weren't expected to do, they cry that the extended highlights covered the 0-0 draw in Barsley or wherever.
Still baffles me people don't understand how this stuff works and ypu can't just change the games you cover.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:32 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
You can't do analysis and in depth coverage on everything you see - but the BBC had it right under Manish back in the day. They'd give 2/3 sides extended highlights, over the course of the show, then they'd speak about the results that would raise an eyebrow most.
It was quick, it was fast and it had pace. But it was enjoyable and well structured. I have absolutely no idea why we need to spend over half an hour on Plymouth v Huddersfield.

I do love though, that when x team wins like 5-0 away at a club they weren't expected to do, they cry that the extended highlights covered the 0-0 draw in Barsley or wherever.
Still baffles me people don't understand how this stuff works and ypu can't just change the games you cover.

On one hand, the BBC probably had the best balance - and had the advantage of no adverts, meaning they had quite a bit more time to play with.

On the other hand, they had Steve Claridge.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:55 pm 

Backing my point up the whole thing spending too much time on one game is a bit weird

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

Last edited by Alby39 on Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:18 pm 

Was better on Quest.

ITV can't do football...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:30 pm 

Completely agree on how much was dedicated to Plymouth vs Huddersfield. Seemed unnecessary to keep going back for more and more interviews with people involved with that game throughout the programme.

BBC was better with Manish (agree with Dan's comment on Steve Clarridge tho). Similar with Quest who got the balance right, and in Colin Murray had a presenter who had a genuine interest and knowledge of the EFL (shame he's a Liverpool fan).

ITV coverage was just some woman at the side of the pitch doing far too many interviews whilst complaining it was a windy day

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:11 pm 

Would definitely help to get Colin Murray back off Coyntdoyn.