THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: The Hundred
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:26 pm 

Have to say from what I've seen of the tournament, the Oval Invincibles seem like deserved winners. They've been brilliant to watch in every game I've seen them.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:28 pm 

Gers wrote:
Didn't realize how fast they can bowl until they showed it side on. Certainly wouldn't fancy facing one of those.

Faster than Craig Whyte runs after a tax bill hits his doormat.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:30 pm 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
Have to say from what I've seen of the tournament, the Oval Invincibles seem like deserved winners. They've been brilliant to watch in every game I've seen them.

Completely agree. Unbeaten, too, i think - they had one no-result and that epic tie?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:36 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:

Completely agree. Unbeaten, too, i think - they had one no-result and that epic tie?

I did see them lose once - I think against the Phoenix, which was an odd one.

I'd forgotten about that tie, what an unbelievable game that was!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:05 pm 

Well that's been a brilliant tournament. And it's once again achieved it's purpose of attracting new fans to the game. Gers is our very own proof! Who would've thought he'd get so hooked on cricket?!

If you're looking for a way to get into "real" cricket, now that the crisp stuff is done, can I reccomend watching the upcoming T20 games. England start their series with New Zealand on Wednesday night and it should be good fun. It's just like The Hundred, just with 20 balls extra for each side.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:07 pm 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
Well that's been a brilliant tournament. And it's once again achieved it's purpose of attracting new fans to the game. Gers is our very own proof! Who would've thought he'd get so hooked on cricket?!

If you're looking for a way to get into "real" cricket, now that the crisp stuff is done, can I reccomend watching the upcoming T20 games. England start their series with New Zealand on Wednesday night and it should be good fun. It's just like The Hundred, just with 20 balls extra for each side.

T20 isn’t real cricket.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:18 pm 

dons50 wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:

T20 isn’t real cricket.

Thank you for reminding me to put you on ignore.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:20 pm 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:

Absolutely, I've thoroughly enjoyed it and it's great that so many in the public are talking about cricket again. I'll always prefer Test cricket but it's clear that the Hundred has its place.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:57 am 

I thoroughly enjoyed it, which was somewhat of a surprise as I've had zero interest in cricket up to this last month. Growing up on the west coast of Scotland back in the 60's & 70's it was all simply football. We didn't even have rugby at school. Rugby was a 'fanny's' game, played by middle class wankers as far as we were concerned. So as you can imagine cricket didn't even register. We weren't taught how to play it, there wasn't a culture of it, it quite simply didn't exist. It was a game with baffling rules, and hilarious terms like silly mid off.

I'm fully intending to give the T20 a go, even if it isn't really cricket (See what I did there? Even made myself chuckle) and who knows, may even get into the real thing eventually.

So if The Hundred was designed to hook folk like me, then job done.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:53 pm 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:

I'm going to the T20 on Sunday with my lads. Really looking forward to it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6