THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:24 am 

A quick update to say that Oxford have released initial drawings, a fly-thru video and other details on our new stadium plans since I last posted which can be found here: https://oufcstadium.co.uk/ for anyone interested.

Fingers crossed we'll be welcoming you to that new ground from 2026, assuming we get through Planning after the application is submitted in the next month of so.

Thanks again to anyone who submitted some positive comments in the previous council consultation, and it would be amazing if some further positive comments could be sent in when formal planning consultation launches in the coming months. I'll post information on that when it gets here, in case in anyone is happy to help a fellow club before it goes homeless :shock: As before, any support is much appreciated.

Good luck with Williamson's first game. He had an odd season with us towards the end of his career when he was clearly semi-retired so was very much a bit-part player getting his badges - he seems to have a done a good job at Gateshead so an interesting appointment.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:30 am 

Well that earlier talk of what Manning would bring to Oxford didn't last long - he's off to Bristol City! :lol:

Glad to see Williamson is off to a decent job (and particularly beating the Scum 3-2 at the end of last month!)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:16 pm 

MJB wrote:
Well that earlier talk of what Manning would bring to Oxford didn't last long - he's off to Bristol City! :lol:

Glad to see Williamson is off to a decent job (and particularly beating the Scum 3-2 at the end of last month!)

I hear rumours you might be after the Cowleys? Apart from the apt name, surely their style won't fit with the decent football you normally play?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:33 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
MJB wrote:

I hear rumours you might be after the Cowleys? Apart from the apt name, surely their style won't fit with the decent football you normally play?

Yeah the Cowleys would surprise me. Good at what they do (or used to be at least) but it really wouldn't fit with our squad or how we like to play generally. A bit like you in that regard (I think).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:25 pm 

Oxford will be so attractive for so many decent footballing managers. I hope for your sake, you get one whoever it is.

When Russ came in, we thought any forward momentum would capitulate and yet he came in and steered us forward. I hope someone comes into your club with the same kinda momentum

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:56 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
Oxford will be so attractive for so many decent footballing managers. I hope for your sake, you get one whoever it is.

When Russ came in, we thought any forward momentum would capitulate and yet he came in and steered us forward. I hope someone comes into your club with the same kinda momentum

Hopefully so. An enforced international break at least means we’ve got a small break after Saturday to hopefully make the right call.

Terrible timing to leave a club now, but then, any time is terrible really. At least a manager joining shortly will hopefully be able to assess things before the window opens.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:21 pm 

MJB wrote:
Hi, an Oxford United fan here in peace with a favour to ask for anyone who might have a few minutes to help a fellow EFL club.

As you may know, our club is desperately trying to secure a new stadium site, or we’ll be homeless from 2026. With that in mind, if anyone on here would be happy to fill in a short online questionnaire being run by Oxfordshire County Council, our fans would be massively grateful.

It only takes a few minutes or so to fill in the short online form with positive answers at https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/C8O8VI/ by 23 July 2023.

The benefits to you as away fans will be:

* A sustainable stadium right next door to a major railway station in Oxford Parkway (a short train ride from Oxford City Centre) and opposite a large Park&Ride site, which would make it one of the easiest, greenest grounds to get to in the UK.

* Proper drinking, food and entertainment options at the ground itself, compared to embarrassing facilities currently on offer at our current ground or nearby.

* A modern, well-designed ground which will help to support a proper atmosphere, rather than the soulless, three-side ground we have now.

A few sentences on any of the above for the survey’s final comment box would be really helpful in showing our County Council here that the new ground will be sustainable, increase spending in Oxfordshire, and provide excellent facilities for home AND away fans.

We all appreciate the value of a good away day, whether we’re potentially playing you in a league or cup game from 2026 onwards. Taking a few minutes to support a fellow club before it becomes homeless in just a few years would be massively appreciated. Something even close to the quality of Stadium MK would massively improve the day for home and away fans.

Thank you.

Will.do

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:23 pm 

Leighton wrote:
MJB wrote:
Hi, an Oxford United fan here in peace with a favour to ask for anyone who might have a few minutes to help a fellow EFL club.

As you may know, our club is desperately trying to secure a new stadium site, or we’ll be homeless from 2026. With that in mind, if anyone on here would be happy to fill in a short online questionnaire being run by Oxfordshire County Council, our fans would be massively grateful.

It only takes a few minutes or so to fill in the short online form with positive answers at https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/C8O8VI/ by 23 July 2023.

The benefits to you as away fans will be:

* A sustainable stadium right next door to a major railway station in Oxford Parkway (a short train ride from Oxford City Centre) and opposite a large Park&Ride site, which would make it one of the easiest, greenest grounds to get to in the UK.

* Proper drinking, food and entertainment options at the ground itself, compared to embarrassing facilities currently on offer at our current ground or nearby.

* A modern, well-designed ground which will help to support a proper atmosphere, rather than the soulless, three-side ground we have now.

A few sentences on any of the above for the survey’s final comment box would be really helpful in showing our County Council here that the new ground will be sustainable, increase spending in Oxfordshire, and provide excellent facilities for home AND away fans.

We all appreciate the value of a good away day, whether we’re potentially playing you in a league or cup game from 2026 onwards. Taking a few minutes to support a fellow club before it becomes homeless in just a few years would be massively appreciated. Something even close to the quality of Stadium MK would massively improve the day for home and away fans.

Thank you.

Will.do

Oh sorry, just seen your reply. This particular consultation has closed now (so thanks again to anyone on here who helped us get to the stage where a land lease was agreed with the County Council).

We’re hoping to submit the planning application in the next couple of months, at which point there will be a further period of public consultation.

At that point, I’ll be back on here to ask if MK Dons fans could help us to avoid going homeless (and give you a better away day too!)

Ta.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:39 pm 

Hi. Getting back in touch as Oxford United now has a live planning application for our newly proposed stadium - as detailed here: https://oufcstadium.co.uk/oxford-uniteds-new-stadium-planning-application-validated/

There is now a short window of time for the public to respond local Council on the planning application, so if anyone would be happy to fill in a very short form over the next couple of weeks before the public consultation closes, that would be massively appreciated.

The link to submit your view on the planning application can be found here: https://planningregister.cherwell.gov.uk/Planning/Comment/24/00539/F

As I've previously posted, if we were to move to this new Triangle site, away fans would benefit from improved public transport routes (including a Train Station on the doorstep of the new ground), vastly better facilities for visitors, and a significantly improved atmosphere compared to our current, soulless Kassam stadium.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can spend a few minutes helping a fellow member of the football community from becoming homeless in two years.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:21 pm 

MJB wrote:
Hi. Getting back in touch as Oxford United now has a live planning application for our newly proposed stadium - as detailed here: https://oufcstadium.co.uk/oxford-uniteds-new-stadium-planning-application-validated/

There is now a short window of time for the public to respond local Council on the planning application, so if anyone would be happy to fill in a very short form over the next couple of weeks before the public consultation closes, that would be massively appreciated.

The link to submit your view on the planning application can be found here: https://planningregister.cherwell.gov.uk/Planning/Comment/24/00539/F

As I've previously posted, if we were to move to this new Triangle site, away fans would benefit from improved public transport routes (including a Train Station on the doorstep of the new ground), vastly better facilities for visitors, and a significantly improved atmosphere compared to our current, soulless Kassam stadium.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can spend a few minutes helping a fellow member of the football community from becoming homeless in two years.

Very exciting - the ground looks superb. And close to the railway is a bonus (is it on the new East-West rail link? If so that's brilliant for MK :) )

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next