THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:38 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:16 am 

Hi, an Oxford United fan here in peace with a favour to ask for anyone who might have a few minutes to help a fellow EFL club.

As you may know, our club is desperately trying to secure a new stadium site, or we’ll be homeless from 2026. With that in mind, if anyone on here would be happy to fill in a short online questionnaire being run by Oxfordshire County Council, our fans would be massively grateful.

It only takes a few minutes or so to fill in the short online form with positive answers at https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/C8O8VI/ by 23 July 2023.

The benefits to you as away fans will be:

* A sustainable stadium right next door to a major railway station in Oxford Parkway (a short train ride from Oxford City Centre) and opposite a large Park&Ride site, which would make it one of the easiest, greenest grounds to get to in the UK.

* Proper drinking, food and entertainment options at the ground itself, compared to embarrassing facilities currently on offer at our current ground or nearby.

* A modern, well-designed ground which will help to support a proper atmosphere, rather than the soulless, three-side ground we have now.

A few sentences on any of the above for the survey’s final comment box would be really helpful in showing our County Council here that the new ground will be sustainable, increase spending in Oxfordshire, and provide excellent facilities for home AND away fans.

We all appreciate the value of a good away day, whether we’re potentially playing you in a league or cup game from 2026 onwards. Taking a few minutes to support a fellow club before it becomes homeless in just a few years would be massively appreciated. Something even close to the quality of Stadium MK would massively improve the day for home and away fans.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:45 pm 

Fair enough, can’t really argue against it. I’ll give it a look.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:43 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
Fair enough, can’t really argue against it. I’ll give it a look.

Great, thank you. Do shout if there’s any further info you need or that I can help with.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:26 am 

Just giving this a bump as it is now one week until the Survey closes on 23 July.

Thank you if you have already filled in the survey to help ensure Oxford United isn't homeless from 2026 and can instead offer a new ground which is easy to access via public transport, offers modern facilities, and will ensure a better atmosphere for both home and away fans.

The survey and more information can still be found here: https://letstalk.oxfordshire.gov.uk/stadium-land-use-negotiations

Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:57 pm 

Hi.

Just getting back in touch to say that Oxford United were successful yesterday in gaining approval for land to be leased to the club for a new stadium before we become homeless in 2026.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-66853436

There will be further big battles to come once planning is submitted in the coming months - and I may be back to ask for some further support for the stadium plans at that point - but I just wanted to say a thank you to anyone who took the time to support our club.

The football community is a genuine community and support for our club at its time of need is massively appreciated.

Thank you once again and best of luck for the rest of this season (and much as it annoys me to say it, well done on your win last night!!)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:22 pm 

Good luck and all the best with getting it over the line.

Will this one have 4 stands? :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:59 pm 

Congrats.

I hope you call it "The New Manor"

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:57 pm 

Will you now become Kidlington United?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:16 pm 

BuckDon wrote:
Good luck and all the best with getting it over the line.

Will this one have 4 stands? :D

Haha - well it is a bit of land known as The Triangle locally, but hopefully we’ll leave behind three-side developments at that point!

Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:18 pm 

Scribble wrote:
Will you now become Kidlington United?

I hope not. But then Kidlington’s small airport renamed itself as London Oxford Airport, so clearly strange things happen in that part of the County!