THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:20 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
Congrats.

I hope you call it "The New Manor"

Thank you.

And yes, there’s nothing I’d like more than a return to the name involving the Manor. I suspect it will instead get a sponsor’s name which will be a shame, but then I’m not the person chucking millions quid into its development!

As long as we’re not in a place named after Kassam, we’ll be happy!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:28 pm 

Hopefully we will have a rail link to Oxford Parkway by then,
- might even be in the same division!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:11 pm 

epdon wrote:

Don't wish such ill on Oxford.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:33 am 

epdon wrote:

Hopefully so, yes. It really is a perfect spot from a transport perspective, which will make it a genuinely easy ground to reach for home and away fans alike.

And yes, would be good to play you in the same league again. Particularly if you go up at the expense of Swindon, which would be even better!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:40 am 

I bet you aren't this polite. It's impossible. We're horrible. Stop being polite to us.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:05 am 

Are you Manning in disguise?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:15 am 

Alby39 wrote:
I bet you aren't this polite. It's impossible. We're horrible. Stop being polite to us.

Haha - sorry. My mum will very pleased at my manners I'm sure, but I appreciate it's very unbecoming for a football fan to behave in this way. I'll flick a few V-signs at the laptop whenever I post messages from now on, just to even things out a bit!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:22 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:

If I were really Manning, I'd be talking more about "good behaviours" and noting that "we don't get too up, and we don't get too down" when posting on here. Not sure if he trotted out these soundbites in interviews at MK, but they generally get used in every interview here at Oxford. You could ask him what his favourite colour is and he'd manage to get those comments in I think!

I'm always intrigued by what Manning's reputation is generally at MK. When he joined us, one of your local journos talked to our local media and said that he was still very measured and calm in interviews as your Coach, even when going through a terrible run which eventually lost him his job. Almost to a fault.

(As you might have guessed), I really like his calm and considered approached to the media and fan engagement, but I'm guessing that it rubbed some fans up the wrong way when things were going badly?

Still, I certainly prefer that to how Karl Robinson was when things were going badly here, when he would just blame everyone but himself and generally get less and less coherent.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:36 am 

MJB wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

If I were really Manning, I'd be talking more about "good behaviours" and noting that "we don't get too up, and we don't get too down" when posting on here. Not sure if he trotted out these soundbites in interviews at MK, but they generally get used in every interview here at Oxford. You could ask him what his favourite colour is and he'd manage to get those comments in I think!

I'm always intrigued by what Manning's reputation is generally at MK. When he joined us, one of your local journos talked to our local media and said that he was still very measured and calm in interviews as your Coach, even when going through a terrible run which eventually lost him his job. Almost to a fault.

(As you might have guessed), I really like his calm and considered approached to the media and fan engagement, but I'm guessing that it rubbed some fans up the wrong way when things were going badly?

Still, I certainly prefer that to how Karl Robinson was when things were going badly here, when he would just blame everyone but himself and generally get less and less coherent.

One man's "calm and measured" is another man's "dull".

My biggest gripe with Manning was that he didn't seem very inspirational. Sure, when we were riding a wave in his first season (a unique situation for any incoming manager - best squad in the league all motivated by a betrayal after game 1), he was great at that although we fell just short.

But when shit hit the fan the next season - only partly his fault by the way - he never looked like turning it around. From my very outside, lay person perspective he seemed too meek, too soft (players allowed to be unfit etc). It was the right thing to sack him, even if we know there is a technically very good manager there.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:16 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
MJB wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

One man's "calm and measured" is another man's "dull".

My biggest gripe with Manning was that he didn't seem very inspirational. Sure, when we were riding a wave in his first season (a unique situation for any incoming manager - best squad in the league all motivated by a betrayal after game 1), he was great at that although we fell just short.

But when shit hit the fan the next season - only partly his fault by the way - he never looked like turning it around. From my very outside, lay person perspective he seemed too meek, too soft (players allowed to be unfit etc). It was the right thing to sack him, even if we know there is a technically very good manager there.

Thanks for that - useful to hear.

Well I hope he has learnt his lessons and has a bit of steel about him now. He has certainly got us off to a good start this season (after inheriting an absolute shit show last season and just about getting us over the line... sorry for the reminder) but hopefully it doesn't mirror his time with you. (Ie: a really good season where we just miss out, followed by disaster).

I should really be asking you about Graham Alexander to be honest, given that precedent would suggest he'll be managing us in about three or four year's time!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next