THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 11:37 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 573 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 58  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 11:40 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Man C, Liverpool and Arsenal are the top three for a reason: clear philosophies that runs through boardroom recruitment manager and players.

Man U and Chelsea are fucking basket cases: throwing good money after bad at players and managers with no coherent plan. That's why they're as shit as they are.

I'm interested to see how Ratcliffe instils a new ethos within Man U. Chelsea, on the other hand, will remain a team full of ladybits, run by ladybits for ladybits.

I have to say, I have a weird feeling this Chelsea project could come good. Agreed about them being a bunch of ladybits though

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 12:37 am 

cornerdon26 wrote:
I have a weird feeling this Chelsea project could come good.

:lol:

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 3:52 am 

Alby39 wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
I have a weird feeling this Chelsea project could come good.

:lol:

1 defeat in 12, only losing to arsenal. Wins vs Spurs, Newcastle, Man Utd and West Ham. Draws wirh City and Villa. Cole Palmer on fire, Gallagher more influential, Madueke the Dan Powell of Chelsea but occasional superb moments, Cucurella looking less of an idiot. If Gallagher stays, Fofana and James stay fit, add a centre half and a ST to that I really think they can start climbing up there. Now if they sell Gallagher and sign 3 19 year old from France I take that back

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 4:45 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
I'm interested to see how Ratcliffe instils a new ethos within Man U. Chelsea, on the other hand, will remain a team full of ladybits, run by ladybits for ladybits.

I don't know why you credit Ratcliffe. He has been a failure at Ineos cycling (was Sky) and MacLaren.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 6:12 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:

I don't know why you credit Ratcliffe. He has been a failure at Ineos cycling (was Sky) and MacLaren.

When you have someone who's more interested in folk working from home and messy dressing rooms rather than addressing the shitshow on the pitch, then it's fair to say that you're a bit in the shit.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:33 am 

Gers wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:

When you have someone who's more interested in folk working from home and messy dressing rooms rather than addressing the shitshow on the pitch, then it's fair to say that you're a bit in the shit.

There's not much he can do / publicly say about the onfield issues just yet. The transfer window isn't open; He's still getting the people in place whose job it will be to address it (made slower by gardening leave, etc); And we still don't know whether ETH will be kept on or a new manager appointed - again, that's something that'll be decided when the other intended appointments are in place.

He's obviously not ignoring the 'big' issues. He's addressed many of the failings. But that's going to be slow work getting to correct them, especially arriving mid-season and after the transfer window closed.

He's hardly saying those other issues are bigger and more pressing - but the fact that they're smaller and more within his immediate control means they can be addressed quicker while the process of the much bigger issues are slowly progressing.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:27 pm 

Alphonso Davies tikaboo.

Wonderful night of Gazprom

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:56 pm 

Oxford showing how to defend properly in the face of a Posh second half onslaught, 2 - 1 up on aggregate and heading for a Wembley showdown with Bolton, in stoppage time about 4 minutes left

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:58 pm 

Scribble wrote:
Oxford showing how to defend properly in the face of a Posh second half onslaught, 2 - 1 up on aggregate and heading for a Wembley showdown with Bolton, in stoppage time about 4 minutes left

Last minute

Would love a Peterborough score

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:59 pm 

Leighton wrote:
Scribble wrote:

Last minute

Would love a Peterborough score

Ohhhh good header by Knight

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 573 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 58  Next