THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 4:03 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 476 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 48  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:31 am 

Villa absolutely superb vs Man City. 14 unbeaten at home, most shots a Pep City side have ever faced. Are they title contenders or just flavour of the month?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:30 am 

cornerdon26 wrote:
Villa absolutely superb vs Man City. 14 unbeaten at home, most shots a Pep City side have ever faced. Are they title contenders or just flavour of the month?

A joy to watch currently but I suspect they can't maintain that form for the rest of the season. Would be nice to be wrong though. I can't see past either the Gooners or Shit-eh.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:16 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:

A joy to watch currently but I suspect they can't maintain that form for the rest of the season. Would be nice to be wrong though. I can't see past either the Gooners or Shit-eh.

Yeah, I can't see them having the squad depth to win the title in a year when there's some strong competition (unlike the Leicester season).
But I'd say they do have a realistic chance of winning some type of silverware as Emery is a very good manager, and has a fantastic record in cup competitions - he actually takes them serious and tries to deliver trophies for the clubs he manages, which is a refreshing change!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:49 pm 

I think the title is pretty open this season, I wouldn’t dis-count Villa, City aren’t the team they were last term, Arsenal away form is patchy and haven’t been totally convincing at home, Liverpool and Tottenham blow hot and cold, so it might be a closer run thing with four or five teams in the race, that’s got to be a good thing rather than a one or two horse race :D

Seven year old boy visits Santa, he was asked what he wanted for Christmas, the boy replied a unicorn please, Santa said don’t be ridiculous ask for something sensible, so the boy replied, a top four finish for Man Utd, Santa turned to the boy and asked, What colour unicorn do you want? :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:21 pm 

Scribble wrote:
I think the title is pretty open this season, I wouldn’t dis-count Villa, City aren’t the team they were last term, Arsenal away form is patchy and haven’t been totally convincing at home, Liverpool and Tottenham blow hot and cold, so it might be a closer run thing with four or five teams in the race, that’s got to be a good thing rather than a one or two horse race :D

Seven year old boy visits Santa, he was asked what he wanted for Christmas, the boy replied a unicorn please, Santa said don’t be ridiculous ask for something sensible, so the boy replied, a top four finish for Man Utd, Santa turned to the boy and asked, What colour unicorn do you want? :lol: :lol:

The media spinning constant narratives really does influence thinking. United finished 3rd last season and this season, despite suffering the most number of injuries of all PL sides in the first half of it, they're still only 3 points off the top 4. And have equal points as Spurs, who you've included in the title race discussion!

I think it's so tight that there's a number of teams battling for the top 4 - and United are definitely one of those. Some have got to miss out though, and if the injury issue doesn't even itself up then United may well be one of them. But they've got every bit as much of a chance as the likes of Villa, Spurs and Newcastle despite the media talk being all positive for those three and all negative for United.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the negativity about United dropping off and becoming a team battling for a top 4 spot and not, realistically, for the title. But so OTT and relentless is the negative reporting that they somehow become seen as a 'joke' for battling with other big clubs for top 4 in the strongest league in the world.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:09 pm 

I wouldn’t rule out Man U or Newcastle, it’s a much more open field this season, it’ll hinge on who can beat who in the top six clashes

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:08 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Another brilliant game involving Spurs.

And another.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:59 pm 

Scribble wrote:
I wouldn’t rule out Man U or Newcastle, it’s a much more open field this season, it’ll hinge on who can beat who in the top six clashes

So you can rule out Man Utd then

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:52 pm 

How in earth is Soucek still on the pitch. He should have had two red cards. Just been subbed. Weak refereeing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:53 pm 

Anyone watching Brighton v Spurs?

Many of our fans would have heart attacks with the playing out from the back!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 476 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 48  Next