THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:01 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ryan Giggs
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:22 pm 

Congrats to Ryan Giggs on finally getting his first managerial job. I know his glorious Man United history means a lot of people will resent him, but I always loved to watch him as a player and (his love-life aside) I think he has always come across as a decent person and a great professional.
I do think United could have done worse after Fergie than give Giggs the managers job there. He would have continued the United way much more than the 3 managers they've employed (entertaining football and giving plenty of kids a chance).
I expect he'll want his teams to play attacking, entertaining football. But on that, I'm not sure that'll work at Wales: Coleman and O'Neill (NI) have had success by making their teams tough to score against and hoping to pinch a 1-0 win. Not sure Wales have the personnel (bar Bale and Ramsey) to have success in an entertaining way. But I hope he does play attacking, as it would be good to see an entertaining Home Nations team for once. And I hope he succeeds as a manager as I've always liked him and he seems like one of the "great" players who might also make a good manager.

Post subject: Re: Ryan Giggs
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:51 pm 

I hope he fails. In humiliating fashion, preferably. An eight-year affair with your brother's wife is the work of a massive, massive shit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:31 pm 

Toby Carvery wrote:
I hope he fails. In humiliating fashion, preferably. An eight-year affair with your brother's wife is the work of a massive, massive shit.

This

Odious bloke with the morals of an alley cat, doesn’t deserve the job

I was there 30/12/17. The miracle of the MK 9

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:01 am 

Scribble wrote:
Toby Carvery wrote:

This

Odious bloke with the morals of an alley cat, doesn’t deserve the job

:lol:
Yeah, because we men place so much importance on the morals and behaviour of our sports stars, rock stars, etc. :?
I'm sure that's the reason for the vitriol and not...
BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
I know his glorious Man United history means a lot of people will resent him.

...This.
It's ethics, right? We hate footballers and managers with bad morals. That's why Malky Mackay is currently in charge of Scotland - such an ethical chap. And why previous captains of England have been Terry, Gerrard, Rooney, etc - all players with "unblemished" records. And why we all hate Messi for avoiding millions of pounds of tax. We do hate him, don't we? We don't want to be accused of hypocrisy.
:lol:
Morals. That's a good one.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:55 pm 

It says something when no club will touch him with a bargepole, but Wales appoint him, is it such a poisoned chalice that no decent manager wants the job?