THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 9:22 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Highly rated free agents
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 12:08 pm 

I know for the past 5-10 years Juventus have been good at recruiting free agents - Pirlo, Ramsey, Can, Khedira, Dani Alves and Llorente spring to mind. Sometimes it back fires as they offer stupid wages as there's no transfer fees and get stuck with them though.

Last year Donnarumma, Wjnaldum, Aguero, Alaba and Depay all move for free. This year Mbappe, Pogba and Rudiger, Christiansen, Bale, Dybala, Lacazette, Dembele, Isco, Origi all likely to move for free.

Is this players taking back control and not signing contract extensions for the sake of it? If so will this cause even higher rises in wages? Or is the impact of bad recruitment and giving out too long contracts in there first place? Maybe a bit of both. But I am quite enjoying quite how many big name free agents there will be

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 4:30 pm 

cornerdon26 wrote:
I know for the past 5-10 years Juventus have been good at recruiting free agents - Pirlo, Ramsey, Can, Khedira, Dani Alves and Llorente spring to mind. Sometimes it back fires as they offer stupid wages as there's no transfer fees and get stuck with them though.

Last year Donnarumma, Wjnaldum, Aguero, Alaba and Depay all move for free. This year Mbappe, Pogba and Rudiger, Christiansen, Bale, Dybala, Lacazette, Dembele, Isco, Origi all likely to move for free.

Is this players taking back control and not signing contract extensions for the sake of it? If so will this cause even higher rises in wages? Or is the impact of bad recruitment and giving out too long contracts in there first place? Maybe a bit of both. But I am quite enjoying quite how many big name free agents there will be

I think it is agents and players being smart when it comes to having the whip hand in transfer deals, for example Harry Kane signed a long term deal and lost the right to control his future where as others have signed shorter deals or deals with release clauses to protect themselves.