THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:58 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:51 am 

Does anyone know if the Football League voted to change the summer deadline to before the stat of the season? The Premier League voted to change it to the Thursday before the start of next season, and I know the EFL were discussing it, just can't find any more info on it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:37 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
Does anyone know if the Football League voted to change the summer deadline to before the stat of the season? The Premier League voted to change it to the Thursday before the start of next season, and I know the EFL were discussing it, just can't find any more info on it.

Don't know, but I'm surprised it wasn't the other way round to be honest. It makes sense for the EFL to vote in favour. But I'm amazed the PL did as it makes no sense to me. Every summer there's international tournaments: not just world cup or Euro's every other year but the other continental equivalents as well. There's going to be so little time between the end of those tournaments and the end of the window that it's going to make for even more rushed, hardly thought out signings. And for the biggest clubs, battling with Europe's elite for the biggest stars who are in those tournaments, they've just lost 20-30 days of dealing at the end of the tournament.
Turkey's voting for Christmas?
The EFL is different. I think they'll vote for a half-and-half way: end the permanent transfers early, but keep the loan market open until the end of August. And that makes sense for our level.