It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 1:11 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Shane Warne
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:12 am 

donmentor wrote:
dons50 wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
donmentor wrote:
Was it not him and Greg Chapple that got their bowler to bowl the last ball along the ground to prevent a winning run being scored. Very unsporting.

No. It was not.

No - that was before Warne’s time. Greg Chappell got his brother, Trevor, to roll the ball along the ground.

OK. My bad memory.

At such a sensitive time, why not Google it first, before slating a genuine legend of the game who has just died? I get that your memory is failing; mine is too but knowing that I take the trouble to fact check before shitting on someone. Not your finest moment.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:18 am 

DippyDon wrote:
I’m not a huge cricket fan. I’ll watch the major tournaments like the World Cup or the Ashes if they’re on free TV or Sky… but my first cricket memory is being engrossed in the 2005 ashes and despite Warne not having his greatest time then I was enamoured by his bowling. I’ve learnt a lot about him ever since and I won’t lie this is one of the first non English sporting deaths that has truly hit me like a ton of bricks. It’s horrific news.

Warne took 40 wickets in that series! Next best was Flintoff with 24

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:57 am 

dons50 wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
I’m not a huge cricket fan. I’ll watch the major tournaments like the World Cup or the Ashes if they’re on free TV or Sky… but my first cricket memory is being engrossed in the 2005 ashes and despite Warne not having his greatest time then I was enamoured by his bowling. I’ve learnt a lot about him ever since and I won’t lie this is one of the first non English sporting deaths that has truly hit me like a ton of bricks. It’s horrific news.

Shows my memory… I remember him having an injury in one of the tests though? That’s more what I meant, the post was after a few beers so I probably should have left it the news just really got to me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:07 am 

DippyDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:
DippyDon wrote:

Shows my memory… I remember him having an injury in one of the tests though? That’s more what I meant, the post was after a few beers so I probably should have left it the news just really got to me.

Yes I get that. Shane Warne gone at 52. It’s hard to grasp.