THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 7:40 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Max
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:51 pm 

I couldn't stop shaking for an hour after the race had finished. Sweet merciful crap.

I think this is the year F1 got back into the national consciousness. To turn up at the pub and see "Fully booked until 4pm due to the F1" shows how this year has captured people's imagination.

Post subject: Re: Max
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:56 pm 

It's even captured mine. To have been at work, and actively checking updates means I got the weight of it which you'll be pleased to know.

Gutted I missed it.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:09 pm 

Despite the fact I make body parts for 14 of the 20 cars on the grid I have very little interest in it. However I chose to watch today. Most of it was as boring as I expected but fuck me those final few minutes were bloody brilliant.

From the few things I've read and seen this year I am actually really surprise by how many controversial/disputed decisions there are, I didn't realise F1 had so many rules. I thought it was just go fast, don't crash. I didn't expect rules like having to let someone overtake you.

Hamilton lost and that brings me an awful lot of joy.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:13 pm 

cornerdon26 wrote:
Despite the fact I make body parts for 14 of the 20 cars on the grid I have very little interest in it. However I chose to watch today. Most of it was as boring as I expected but fuck me those final few minutes were bloody brilliant.

From the few things I've read and seen this year I am actually really surprise by how many controversial/disputed decisions there are, I didn't realise F1 had so many rules. I thought it was just go fast, don't crash. I didn't expect rules like having to let someone overtake you.

Hamilton lost and that brings me an awful lot of joy.

There has always been a lot of support for Red Bull in MK for obvious reasons but it was really surprising how few people in the pub today were backing Lewis.

Oh dear, what a pity, never mind. :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:29 pm 

Seen this on Twitter...

"If you don’t understand what happened in Formula 1. I’ll translate it into football terms:

Lewis Hamilton is Chelsea. Max Verstappen is Barcelona. Michael Masi is Tom Henning Ovrebo."

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:40 pm 

(I can't believe I'm saying this) I feel sorry for Lewis. He did everything right.

Mercedes fucked him over with shit strategy. Twice.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:50 pm 

I got back into this but it has lost me again, they interfered to get an exciting finish, that isn't sport it is TV.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:55 pm 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
I got back into this but it has lost me again, they interfered to get an exciting finish, that isn't sport it is TV.

As much as I'm happy that Max won, you have a point. To say that the lapped cars couldn't overtake, then they could, but only the ones between Lewis and Max, suggests massively that Michael Masi was getting pressure from above.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:02 pm 

I watch F1 fairly regularly, not a fan of Hamilton but the end of this race was farcical, the rules were seemingly made up as the race went along, yes Mercedes ballsed up not pitting Hamilton when the VSC was in place, but to me that final lap was unfair and unsportsman like, a twelve second lead was wiped out and gave the race to Max, on fresher tyres was bound to win.

All a bit of a sour end to what has been a great F1 season

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:15 pm 

Scribble wrote:
I watch F1 fairly regularly, not a fan of Hamilton but the end of this race was farcical, the rules were seemingly made up as the race went along, yes Mercedes ballsed up not pitting Hamilton when the VSC was in place, but to me that final lap was unfair and unsportsman like, a twelve second lead was wiped out and gave the race to Max, on fresher tyres was bound to win.

All a bit of a sour end to what has been a great F1 season

Yes and no. Mercedes had the opportunity to pit Lewis when the SC came out and they didn't. Had it not been for their smeggy strategy choices, Lewis would have won the championship about six weeks ago.