THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:33 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:56 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
Wimbledon, like most big tournaments of any sport, are ridiculously expensive. I've tried to get tickets for years. Smaller venues than a 80k seater stadium (duh) where even the cheaper seats are expensive, but probably more justifiable than something like the cheaper tennis seats. It's a darn shame.

https://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/atoz/ticket_prices.html

Ground pass tickets for Wimbledon are £30. You need to queue up, possibly overnight, but they’re available at a reasonable price.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:49 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
Wimbledon, like most big tournaments of any sport, are ridiculously expensive. I've tried to get tickets for years. Smaller venues than a 80k seater stadium (duh) where even the cheaper seats are expensive, but probably more justifiable than something like the cheaper tennis seats. It's a darn shame.

https://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/atoz/ticket_prices.html

Ground pass tickets for Wimbledon are £30. You need to queue up, possibly overnight, but they’re available at a reasonable price.

I've done this the last couple of years, it's a really great day out as long as you're prepared for a very early start. If you're lucky enough you may see able to get a ticket from the resale for Centre or Court One for a pretty reasonable price in the evening, with the money going going charity. I always enter the ballot but am yet to be lucky enough to get tickets to the main show courts.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:56 pm 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
Jannik Sinner in tennis. This guy's 22 and has just beaten Novak Djokovic to knock Serbia out of the Davis Cup. He's had a brilliant year and was really impressive at both Wimbledon and the US Open. Alcaraz is obviously the new young superstar in tennis but this guy might just be his closest challenger in years to come. I'm certain it won't be long until he wins a slam.

Well I wasn't wrong! He won the Australian Open this morning. This guy's got some serious ability.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:08 pm 

SteelbackDon wrote:
To be SPOTY, hard to look past an Olympian or Bellingham.

Bellingham starting his 2024 SPOTY bid very strongly

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:20 am 

BristolDon wrote:
SteelbackDon wrote:

He won’t be the only opponent to call Greenwood that (assuming that’s what you meant?).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:46 pm 

BristolDon wrote:
SteelbackDon wrote:

I think England would have to win the Euros for Bellingham to win SPOTY in an Olympic year, so we can safely rule him out already. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:00 pm 

This is maybe a bit of an off-beat one, but Zoe Backstedt. 19-year-old Welsh cyclist, and the daughter of former Paris-Roubaix winner Magnus Backstedt.

As I write this, she's riding in the World Cyclocross Championship Under-23 race. Just over 20 minutes gone and she's already leading by almost a minute.

Will definitely be a big star on the road in the future.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:47 am 

Another left-field, but a Horse named Lookaway. It's going to win a big race in 2024, for your bets this one haha

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:11 pm 

Ah fuck, we're not far from Cheltenham are we? One of the most mind numbingly dull weeks of the sporting calender

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:01 am 

Alby39 wrote:
Ah fuck, we're not far from Cheltenham are we? One of the most mind numbingly dull weeks of the sporting calender

I thought EXACTLY the same thing. Went to Cheltenham with work two years, then went last year with friends and are going again this year.

£34 a ticket and a good laugh all day. Enjoyed it far more than I thought.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next