THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 5:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:58 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
SteelbackDon wrote:
You can add three future NFL stars... Kool-Aid McKinstry, Caleb Williams and Jer'Zhan Newton. Reckon all of these will be superstars!

His first name isn't really Kool-Aid is it? :lol:

Yep. Kool-Aid. There's loads with crazy names. Happy Gilmore's just signed on to a college in USA, General Booty is a college QB. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:48 pm 

I'm sure the original OP of the thread named a few highly rated teen Snooker players looking to get on the Main Tour. Not sure why all those posts have disappeared when those of other posters who leave still stay on the site.

Anyway, of those young players, the two Belgians - Ben Mertens and Julien Leclercq - got a two year card last year and have done OK, but both face a tight finish to decide whether they've done enough to retain their place by the end of this season. And Stan Moody got on the tour this year, aged 16 at the start of the season, and has had a number of tight matches, and a few wins, so is competing well in his first season as a professional.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:20 pm 

Jannik Sinner in tennis. This guy's 22 and has just beaten Novak Djokovic to knock Serbia out of the Davis Cup. He's had a brilliant year and was really impressive at both Wimbledon and the US Open. Alcaraz is obviously the new young superstar in tennis but this guy might just be his closest challenger in years to come. I'm certain it won't be long until he wins a slam.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:44 pm 

Roony Bardghji. A left footed RW, who has just turned 18. Played nearly 50 off games for Copenhagen and scored half a dozen goals already. A really tricky talented player who will no doubt get a big move in the next 12-18 months. I hope for his sake he picks the right move and doesn't jump too quickly, as all the top clubs are supposedly chasing him. A team in the Bundesliga or the Eredivisie (Maybe not Ajax :lol: ) would be the perfect stepping stone.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:28 am 

Just to prove I actually know what I'm talking about (for a change) from two and a half years ago, here is Pedro Acosta riding a MotoGP bike for the first time at Valencia on Tuesday:

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:03 am 
Site Admin

Plum wrote:
I'm sure the original OP of the thread named a few highly rated teen Snooker players looking to get on the Main Tour. Not sure why all those posts have disappeared when those of other posters who leave still stay on the site.

That’s my fault. There are 3 ways to remove access to a member (delete, ban or de-activate). Each has their strengths and weaknesses. With delete, I get an option to keep or permanently remove the posts - must have pressed remove by mistake. Apologies!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:23 pm 

Sphere wrote:
Plum wrote:

That’s my fault. There are 3 ways to remove access to a member (delete, ban or de-activate). Each has their strengths and weaknesses. With delete, I get an option to keep or permanently remove the posts - must have pressed remove by mistake. Apologies!

Ah, thanks for the explanation.
Shame it's happened but at least I know why they've all disappeared now.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:33 pm 

Luke Littler. 16 years old. World Youth Champion in darts.

Made his senior Worlds debut at Ally Pally last night and thrashed Christian Kist (former Lakeside champion) 3-0.

Littler averaged 106, which is by far the highest average of the tournament so far. That is ridiculously high for a player of his age. It's also 23 points higher than Peter 'Krusty' Wright averaged in the next game, as he did the darting equivalent of necking two packets of Pro Plus, dropping his trousers and firing liquid shit up the walls.

Next match for Littler is against Andrew Gilding tonight. Win that and he should be up against Barney after Christmas.

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:57 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:

Made his senior Worlds debut at Ally Pally last night and thrashed Christian Kist (former Lakeside champion) 3-0.

Littler averaged 106, which is by far the highest average of the tournament so far. That is ridiculously high for a player of his age. It's also 23 points higher than Peter 'Krusty' Wright averaged in the next game, as he did the darting equivalent of necking two packets of Pro Plus, dropping his trousers and firing liquid shit up the walls.

Next match for Littler is against Andrew Gilding tonight. Win that and he should be up against Barney after Christmas.

Yep, he was amazing last night. Refuse to believe he's only 16. Looks about 30 and played like it too.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:21 pm 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:

Yep, he was amazing last night. Refuse to believe he's only 16. Looks about 30 and played like it too.

He was as good as anything I've seen on that stage over the years I've been watching it. A real natural talent on a par with the likes of Adrian Lewis, Gary Anderson and Michael van Gerwen when they are in full flow, with the potential to be even better than those three (which is incredible to say about three people with 7 world titles between them, and numerous other titles)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next