THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 2:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:47 am 

SteelbackDon wrote:
Also throwing Rehan Ahmed out there. He'll play Cricket for England within the next 5 years...

Only took five months from when this post was made! :lol:

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:51 am 

Chris Dobey in darts. World number 21, won the Masters at the weekend as an outsider, qualified for the Premier League as a result, then beat Peter Wright, Nathan Aspinall and Michael Van Gerwen in the space of three hours last night to win the opening night of the PL. Eight wins out of eight on TV in seven days.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:51 am 

Pedro Acosta won the Moto2 season opener in Portugal at the weekend (and I was there to see him do it). He's the big favourite to win the championship this year, and will still only turn 19 in May.

He will definitely be in MotoGP next year - but with which team is very much up in the air!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:57 pm 

David Alonso (no relation to Fernando!).

I saw him win the Moto3 British GP at Silverstone this morning. Started 28th and last, and was up to 12th by the end of the first lap. By lap three, he was up to second, and went on to take his first win. Some brutal overtakes, too!

Pedro Acosta, meanwhile, is now leading the Moto2 championship (finished third in his race today) and has officially firmed up his contract to move into MotoGP with KTM next year. The only problem is that, despite his valid contract, they don't have room for him...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:07 am 

I realise that I'm the only person still updating this thread since Bertie flounced, but I was delighted to be at the Malaysian MotoGP yesterday and see Pedro Acosta clinch the Moto2 world championship with two races to spare.

He's in very exclusive company as a rider that has won both junior championships on the way through the ranks - only Valentino Rossi, Marc Marquez and a couple of others have achieved it in the modern era.

Acosta will still only be 19 when he makes his MotoGP debut next March.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:07 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
I realise that I'm the only person still updating this thread since Bertie flounced, but I was delighted to be at the Malaysian MotoGP yesterday and see Pedro Acosta clinch the Moto2 world championship with two races to spare.

He's in very exclusive company as a rider that has won both junior championships on the way through the ranks - only Valentino Rossi, Marc Marquez and a couple of others have achieved it in the modern era.

Acosta will still only be 19 when he makes his MotoGP debut next March.

Still following... I can add a few more.

Stan Mills will be the one of the next footballers to break through. Son of Danny Mills.
Almugera Kabar will be a generational talent in football also.
Rapheal Wetherall and Noah Thain in Cricket.
Kristóf Milák will be the next Michael Phelps in swimming, expect to hear his name and Hungary's National Anthem at Paris Olympics in 2024.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:15 am 

You can add three future NFL stars... Kool-Aid McKinstry, Caleb Williams and Jer'Zhan Newton. Reckon all of these will be superstars!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:09 am 

SteelbackDon wrote:
You can add three future NFL stars... Kool-Aid McKinstry, Caleb Williams and Jer'Zhan Newton. Reckon all of these will be superstars!

His first name isn't really Kool-Aid is it? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:10 am 

Beau Greaves in darts. Forget Fallon, if anyone is going to consistently play at the level of the top men in the sport, it's Beau.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:52 pm 

Josh Berry, has just got through the DP World Tour Q school as an amateur to get his card for 2024. He’s only 18.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next