THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rangers
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:01 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
Alby wrote:
Alby wrote:
Can’t say I’m not enjoying it

Why?
Working my way through the double negatives I think you're saying that you are enjoying it. If so... why the schadenfreude?

Because fuck Rangers that’s why.

Well I can't argue with that reasoned response. Thanks for clearing that up.

You’re welcome.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:10 pm 

Alby wrote:
Alby wrote:
Alby wrote:
Can’t say I’m not enjoying it

Why?
Working my way through the double negatives I think you're saying that you are enjoying it. If so... why the schadenfreude?

Because fuck Rangers that’s why.

Well I can't argue with that reasoned response. Thanks for clearing that up.

You’re welcome.

And they say the Old Firm rivalry is hostile. But you see, disputes can be handled civilly. Been a pleasure. :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:02 pm 

RFC OS wrote:
The Chairman made it clear at the AGM that the club did not consider there to be an outstanding candidate among those who had applied for the position and the club was therefore considering managers currently under contract. This requires permission from their present clubs.

It's gonna be Brendan Rodgers. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:26 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
RFC OS wrote:
The Chairman made it clear at the AGM that the club did not consider there to be an outstanding candidate among those who had applied for the position and the club was therefore considering managers currently under contract. This requires permission from their present clubs.

It's gonna be Brendan Rodgers. :lol:

I think the fact that a club the size of Rangers were waiting to see who applied shows the decline they're in. The "big" clubs in each country don't normally wait for applicants and interview them, etc; they know who they want, go out and approach them. The Rangers of old would have just decided they wanted McInnes, McCall, etc and gone for them. They wouldn't have had the pick of the world's best managers, but they'd have realistic targets and go straight for them.
I know the chairman's claiming patience saying that they must make the right call, but really that's just an excuse to try and justify what's been a shambloic, dragged out process. They had better get the right man after all this dithering, but not sure who their next target will be.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:36 pm 

As unbiased as it's possible for me to be, the whole of Scottish fitba is fucked.

It's a one team league, The old 'Gers are second. That tells you everything you need to know. An absolute shambles of a club, yet still second. Look at how Celtic got on in Europe this season. Rubbish. Which I realise is rich coming from me seeing how well Rangers did in Luxembourg, but still, take your pleasure where you can.

No one I've spoken to really wanted McInnes. He was always seen as a stop gap, but it's highly embarrassing that right up until last night the board were confident he'd sign. At the end of the day it's his loss. He manages Aberdeen, who've been pumped twice in the last week by a club managed by a youth coach. And as an aside, someone I know once seen him in the cinema watching Titanic. He was crying at the end. No one who cries at a fucking film is fit enough to manage the world's most successful domestic club.

But as I've already said, it's a total embarrassment, a shambles, and a total disgrace.

And Hibs are total shite. One cup in one hundred and one years.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:01 pm 

I couldn't even take much delight in Celtic's scores because, apart from the heaviness of the hammerings, it's still worked out well for them: 4 games against European giants, and remaining in Europe in the Europa League. That's pretty much as good as any Scottish team could hope for at the start of any campaign.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:13 pm 

Scottish football has a lot to be resolved. Says it all when 2 or 3 years ago the best League was quite literally the second division with more viewing figures than the Premiership when Rangers, Hearts and Hibs and Falkirk were fighting it out. Even attendances were higher some weeks.

It’s mental what a shit state Rangers are in but they’ll get back to it eventually I have no doubt. Like it or lump it a team can only dominate for so long. When Celtic were winning the League without Rangers in the division fans were complaining and booing a lot of weeks despite being a ridiculous amount of points clear. Ronny Deila wasn’t fancied and was seen to have done a crap job despite wins at the top. When Brendan leaves for another job in England inevitably, Celtic will appoint a crack manager reflecting on how I fancied Scotland is as a footballing country and it’ll be a more level playing field.

You get some cracking games up there but at the same time you get some real real dross. But I think you could say that about this country as well. You get shit games between Port Vale and Newport County etc. I know what I’d rather watch on the telly. Hearts, Aberdeen, Rangers, Hibs, Celtic against each other over some Football League dross. I think we in this country are very snobby about our level. It’s incredibly shite more often than it’s pleasant.

Not ten years ago, Rangers were in the UEFA Cup final taking 80,000 fans down to Manchester. I wanted them to win that day. And was disappointed they didn’t. 4/5 years before that Celtic were in Seville. And before that Scottish football was good household viewing in the UK. Since 2012 when’s Rangers got fucked it’s taken a massive back step.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:52 pm 

Alby wrote:
You get some cracking games up there but at the same time you get some real real dross. But I think you could say that about this country as well. You get shit games between Port Vale and Newport County etc. I know what I’d rather watch on the telly. Hearts, Aberdeen, Rangers, Hibs, Celtic against each other over some Football League dross. I think we in this country are very snobby about our level. It’s incredibly shite more often than it’s pleasant.

I went to a few games when I was up in Edinburgh. Hearts v Aberdeen was dogshit. Nicky Maynard played ffs. Give me Rotherham v Plymouth any day of the week

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:57 pm 

BristolDon wrote:
Alby wrote:

I went to a few games when I was up in Edinburgh. Hearts v Aberdeen was dogshit. Nicky Maynard played ffs. Give me Rotherham v Plymouth any day of the week

Aye let’s judge the one game you watched live as a judgement on football in a country.

Not to mention Hearts are fucking shite

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:02 pm 

Alby wrote:
BristolDon wrote:
Alby wrote:

Aye let’s judge the one game you watched live as a judgement on football in a country.

Not to mention Hearts are fucking shite

Watched three Hearts games and a couple of Dunfermline game. Plus a good few on TV. So more like 10 games or so. More than enough Scottish football for anyone to see how bad it is.

And agreed on Hearts being shite. And they're better than Hibs, so shows how low the standard for the rest of the league is

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next