THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: England game
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:45 pm 

Anyone else enduring this? Has to be the worst England side I can recall. Henderson, Stirling, Bertrand to name but three, how do they ever get a game!?

Post subject: Re: England game
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:01 pm 

Feel sorry for Bobby Charlton having to sit through this dross for an 80th birthday present!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:03 pm 

Utter, utter toilet.

Rashford and Kane (who hardly got a touch before the goal) are quality. Stones might be OK over time. Most of the rest are bang average at best. Henderson should never get another game. Stirling is great when accompanied by £400,000,000,000,000 worth of talent. Put him in an England top and he is... meh. Wenger finally saw through the Ox and let him go join Liverpool reserves.

Christ, I wish I wasn't an England fan. I don't have a choice - but it's bloody painful.

I wish they'd choose a winner as a manager. But the FA want 'nice'. A nice guy, who'll say nice things in the media. Nice. SAF isn't nice. Nor was Clough. Pep and Jose aren't nice. They all have their charms, but they're not 'nice'. They are/were winners.

Tonight has knocked me off the wagon - for that, at least, I'm grateful.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:21 am 

Alli must have been laughing on the bench!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:26 am 

Speaking as an outsider (what do you think of the human race) I think that the problem with games like last night is the quality of the opposition, and quite frankly the sheer amount of international games this season.

The season no longer started than there was a break. Restart, stop again. It's difficult for international players to get 'up' for England duties in my opinion when their minds are still on domestic games.

And the quality of the qualifying teams England have to face! It's a joke. It's little wonder that players like those mentioned above seem disinterested. The glamour of Slovenia in a less than enthusiastic Wembley!

The Scotland game on the other hand was genuinely exciting. And who'd have thought that such a thing was possible! Tkhe underdog mentality I suppose. The Jockasauris hit the bar two or three times, and but for a world class display from the Slovakia keeper, could have been out of sight well before the final whistle. Slovakia had a man sent off for a blatant dive, leading to a second yellow. And best of all, Scott Brown didn't play.

If it weren't for the involvement of so many Celtic 'legends' it would've been a good evening.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:48 am 

It's been atrocious at Wembley ever since the fucking dross hole opened. Games at Villa Park, St james', Old Trafford, and even the smaller ones like St Mary's or King Power where if full would create an amazing atmosphere are needed. Players need to build a relationship with the fans. Grounds that are closer to the players, contain noise. Generate a buzz from local people. Sort of ground where players can celebrate with the fans in the corner flag etc and realise what it means to people. It's not the only problem but it's one of them.

Southgate is an absolute fucking salad too. Cheap and easy wanker of a manager. Everything he says I can hear Hodgesaurus saying. He's a turnip. And an absolute fucking tragedy of a manager. Shit football. Shit manager. Shit selections. Shit character, no charisma and everything wrong with the England setup.

We've just qualified and I couldn't be anymore happy to be half Scottish so at least I can pretend there is something to be excited about.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:59 am 

Gers wrote:
Speaking as an outsider (what do you think of the human race) I think that the problem with games like last night is the quality of the opposition, and quite frankly the sheer amount of international games this season.

The season no longer started than there was a break. Restart, stop again. It's difficult for international players to get 'up' for England duties in my opinion when their minds are still on domestic games.

And the quality of the qualifying teams England have to face! It's a joke. It's little wonder that players like those mentioned above seem disinterested. The glamour of Slovenia in a less than enthusiastic Wembley!

The Scotland game on the other hand was genuinely exciting. And who'd have thought that such a thing was possible! Tkhe underdog mentality I suppose. The Jockasauris hit the bar two or three times, and but for a world class display from the Slovakia keeper, could have been out of sight well before the final whistle. Slovakia had a man sent off for a blatant dive, leading to a second yellow. And best of all, Scott Brown didn't play.

If it weren't for the involvement of so many Celtic 'legends' it would've been a good evening.

I think you are being way to kind to them, a bunch of overpaid, overrated dross that wouldn't be allowed to tie the boot laces of the Germans or French. As for Southgate, like someone else mentioned, he's nice, he says the right things but will he win us anything or restore pride? Not in a million years but that doesn't matter to the F.A. So long as he is nice. I used to be in the England supporters club and go to a lot of games, I can now hardly bare to watch it on TV. Absolute rubbish!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:08 am 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Gers wrote:

I think you are being way to kind to them, a bunch of overpaid, overrated dross that wouldn't be allowed to tie the boot laces of the Germans or French. As for Southgate, like someone else mentioned, he's nice, he says the right things but will he win us anything or restore pride? Not in a million years but that doesn't matter to the F.A. So long as he is nice. I used to be in the England supporters club and go to a lot of games, I can now hardly bare to watch it on TV. Absolute rubbish!!!!

I'm Scottish, but not one of the ones that hates everything English. I was giving them the benefit of the doubt. I actually didn't watch it, but they've just been slaughtered on The Today Programme, so if John Humphreys doesn't rate them, neither do I.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:09 am 

keyser soze wrote:
Utter, utter toilet.

Rashford and Kane (who hardly got a touch before the goal) are quality. Stones might be OK over time. Most of the rest are bang average at best. Henderson should never get another game. Stirling is great when accompanied by £400,000,000,000,000 worth of talent. Put him in an England top and he is... meh. Wenger finally saw through the Ox and let him go join Liverpool reserves.

Christ, I wish I wasn't an England fan. I don't have a choice - but it's bloody painful.

I wish they'd choose a winner as a manager. But the FA want 'nice'. A nice guy, who'll say nice things in the media. Nice. SAF isn't nice. Nor was Clough. Pep and Jose aren't nice. They all have their charms, but they're not 'nice'. They are/were winners.

That's the best we've got mate.

There aren't many England 'stars' playing in the top division these days. Big clubs stockpile the better English players in the reserves to meet quotas, and bench many of the rest in favour of Carlos Kickaball. If you aren't playing much first-team football, how can you expect to be a decent international? Rodwell-Delph syndrome. That's the Premiership 'product' for you.

England seem to be sticking with this 4-2-3-1 'DNA'. Last night the 4 aren't bad as long as Cahill is there to organize them, but the 2 have no invention, the 3 usually comprises benchees and reserves, and the 1 is isolated. On top of that, 4-2-3-1 has been around a long time and there are no surprises for opposition.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:18 am 

Sausage wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Utter, utter toilet.

That's the best we've got mate.

There aren't many England 'stars' playing in the top division these days. Big clubs stockpile the better English players in the reserves to meet quotas, and bench many of the rest in favour of Carlos Kickaball. If you aren't playing much first-team football, how can you expect to be a decent international? Rodwell-Delph syndrome. That's the Premiership 'product' for you.

England seem to be sticking with this 4-2-3-1 'DNA'. Last night the 4 aren't bad as long as Cahill is there to organize them, but the 2 have no invention, the 3 usually comprises benchees and reserves, and the 1 is isolated. On top of that, 4-2-3-1 has been around a long time and there are no surprises for opposition.

The Late Days of Robbo Syndrome... :)

And @Alby - I watched England v Spain up at Old Trafford. That was just as bad, on the pitch. Wem-ber-ley is souless and in the wrong place, geographically. But it's not the cause of our woes.